43 tooth sprocket on a streched bike good or bad?

webbashl

Registered
I wanted to change rear sprockets on my bike to get some more umf. I plan on pulling my now 12 inch stretch all the way in on my arm which will make it a 7inch stretch. I smoke tires now and am pretty tired of that but will I still smoke em on a 43 tooth with 7 inch stretch? I only way about a buck 65. Thanks

110 [800x600] (2).JPG

I can light up the rear at 50mph with my 36 tooth on my 6inch stretch. But i only weight in at 170 lbs fully suited. And put on the 16/44 and im cleaning the rear light everytime I stop.

smoke it bad with a 7".. If you want to run the stretch and kepp from smoking tires run a shorter rear gear like a 38. It will take a little from the bottom end but help save the tire

smoke it bad with a 7".. If you want to run the stretch and kepp from smoking tires run a shorter rear gear like a 38. It will take a little from the bottom end but help save the tire

HMMM wonder how much it would slow me down out the hole??? I don't race on the track but I would hate for a 600 to walk away off a stoplight...

Stock swingarm, ( I like the twisties) and 17/43. Best mod I've done yet. Very noticeable improvement.

Back