40th Anniv. Busa goes down...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
An orange 40th went down inside the gated community of Fairfield Plantation in Carroll County, GA maybe a week ago. According to witnesses, the rider that crashed the busa had "borrowed" it from the owner at a party and left out WFO. They said they heard him hit second gear (musta been doin' around 80 mph) and start windin' on second when they heard the crash. The busa hit one of those big ol' ground mounted steel power transformer boxes and promptly knocked it off it's base. Bike was fugged according to my sources. Not sure on rider condition.

I think the owner of the busa lives in the Bowdon, GA area. Just wondered if it's someone who posts or lurks here? I doubt it, but thought I'd give it a shot anyway.
wink.gif

I just saw this now....

I hope the squid is ok....after he heals, he can start payin the owner back for a brand-new one.

Won't be able to afford to pay the owner. The fines should eat up all his income for a while. His license was supposedly suspended for SEVERAL previous DUI's, he was supposedly DUI when he crashed the busa, etc... Don't see him havin' much spare change after he pays all his fines.
wink.gif

Won't be able to afford to pay the owner. The fines should eat up all his income for a while. His license was supposedly suspended for SEVERAL previous DUI's, he was supposedly DUI when he crashed the busa, etc... Don't see him havin' much spare change after he pays all his fines.
wink.gif
Heh...nothing a Court-imposed work order can't fix.

I say he be ordered by the Court to work on paying his fines...and provide bi-weekly progress reports as to his status.

If needed, he will take on a second job....and post progress on that as well.

If he cannot do the above, he will be sentenced to confinement...in progressive lengths.

If he fails to make substantial progress as ordered by the Court, then the Court will order that all his assets be liquidated and the profits used towards the paying of his fines and restitution towards the other party.

How's that for justice? Heh...I fuggin hate DUI people.

If I were the owner, I would go after him in court. He would be paying for the damage and anything else I could get him for. People doing stupid things while drinking really bothers me. And apparently he has had a lot of trouble with it if his license had been suspended. He has absolutely no excuses!

wink.gif
Heh...nothing a Court-imposed work order can't fix.

I say he be ordered by the Court to work on paying his fines...and provide bi-weekly progress reports as to his status.

If needed, he will take on a second job....and post progress on that as well.

If he cannot do the above, he will be sentenced to confinement...in progressive lengths.

If he fails to make substantial progress as ordered by the Court, then the Court will order that all his assets be liquidated and the profits used towards the paying of his fines and restitution towards the other party.

How's that for justice? Heh...I fuggin hate DUI people.
You've got my fuggin' vote!
super.gif

If I were the owner, I would go after him in court.  He would be paying for the damage and anything else I could get him for.  People doing stupid things while drinking really bothers me.  And apparently he has had a lot of trouble with it if his license had been suspended.  He has absolutely no excuses!
Yeah, I'm the same, bro. I can't stand, and have no sympathy for a drunk driver, period. It's stupid to do it and they get what they deserve when they do it and fug up. It's just too sad that they usually aren't the only ones who suffer from their incredible stupidity.
mad.gif

Excellent point! If they were the only ones involved it would be one thing, but to cause injury/death to someone minding their own business is completely wrong! I can't say I have never driven while intoxicated, but I do know my limits and respect them!
mad.gif

wink.gif
Man...When I first learning to ride a motorcycle...I drank and rode brother's bike and wrecked it...I broke my wrist...and had to pay $1,800 for plastic...I have 2 screws in my wrist and hurts like hell when it's really cold outside...I learned a valuable lesson...I will not drink and ride again!!!Learn from my mistake...I was lucky that I could walk away...others have not been as fortunate...Please don't drink and ride!!!!

Not mine. I hate to here of anyone going down. Idiots those that dui! If it had been my bike, I don't believe he'd have to worry about paying any fines. You know what I mean.
rock.gif

"Borrowed" does that translate to "stolen"
rock.gif
If so then I'm in agreement with "screwing the pooch" on this one go after the guy and liquidate his ass(ets) in necessary. If "borrowed" means he had the owner's permission then screw the rider and owner both, because the owner should not have let a drunk roll his ride...

To be honest I'ld let very few people roll my busa, 2 have borrwed it in the 2 years I've had it and after getting it back I thought, "it took me all of 6 months to get use to it" and now I'm gonna let someone ride it who doesn't have a vested interest in it and no skillz on a busa
rock.gif
Figured in the worst case scenario I'ld keep my friends longer if I kept them off.

rock.gif

This situation gets a little more sticky than just drunk driving. The owner apparently allowed the bastard to ride the bike. Not saying that the drunkard shouldn't be liable, but if the owner voluntarily handed the keys over, then the owner has no case. The drunkard will have his hands full just paying the city for the damage to the transformer. By the time he's ever able to fork over any money to the owner...the owner will have already bit the bullet and had the repairs done himself. Sad to say all this, but that drunkard should have his ass whipped regardless.

Brian

"Borrowed"
rock.gif
I dont know... The way I see it, no one will mount my bike, its like someone asking to borrow or mount my old lady. To top it off, after throwing back a few cold ones???
wow.gif
I agree with dezzy, owner and rider both, letting someone roll my rider after some drinks:;): bad judgement!!!

I'm like most of you... Even sober fools ain't gonna borrow and ride my busa. The only person that's even sat on it besides me so far is the girl I dated for a while. She sat on it for a few pics. Never rode it with me...

And Georgia does have a law that covers allowing another to violate state law. Fine/punishment can be the same as for the actual offender and in most cases I think it goes on the vehicle owner's driving record as the same offense the offender is charged with. If he allowed the idiot to roll his ride and the idiot was charged with fourth offense DUI, the owner could be charged with allowing him to commit that offense and could be made to pay the fourth offense DUI fine and have a DUI on his record as well.

The State Troopers worked the accident so I don't know who was charged and with what. Happened when I was off. The owner could actually be in just as much trouble as the idiot, ummm, won't call him a rider, ummm seat warmer. Well, he prolly wasn't on it long enough to even warm the fuggin' seat before he busted it up.
wink.gif

I'm like a lot of the folks here. No one rides my Busa but me. It's really not worth the price of getting someone we care about hurt or killed; moreover, it would be terrible to lose my Busa over someone elses in ability to understand the Busa, and reign in its power. What a waste to lose your Busa like this.

Damn that sucks. I did not let anyone ride mine when it was stock much less after I get all of the stuff done.

The only time mine moves is when I am in control. I have let a couple of women sit on her, but that was it. Most people I know are afraid of the 'Busa, but if they asked I certainly wouldn't let them ride it while intoxicated! I don't even ride it intoxicated!

Back