4 killed in iowa

jwest

Registered
just saw were 4 motorcyclists were traveling together and a pickup truck crossed the center line and killed them all in iowa....this was on monday

sad day..

Last edited:
Wow all 4 dead ?
did he hit them head on or what ?
How is it they were all close enough to get hit by one truck ?

Very sad and my prayers go out for them and their families..

Rest in Peace.

I just amazes me the timing that it takes for that truck to cross when the bikes were right there....sad

What is the stoy on the driver of the truck?

LITTLE SIOUX, Iowa (AP) - The Iowa State Patrol says it may take several weeks to complete an investigation into the head-on crash that killed four motorcyclists on Interstate 29 in western Iowa.

Three men from Iowa and one from Nebraska were killed Monday evening when a pickup crossed the center line in a construction zone and collided with their motorcycles.

The patrol identifies the victims as 62-year-old Dennis Chaney and 49-year-old Dale Aspedon, both of Glenwood, Iowa; 62-year-old Steven Benscoter of Pacific Junction, Iowa; and 48-year-old Jay Bock of Omaha, Neb.

Patrol Lt. Brad Pollard says only Bock was wearing a helmet.

The 21-year-old Nebraska man driving the pickup was treated for minor injuries.

The patrol says the four motorcyclists were returning from Sturgis, S.D., site of a huge annual motorcycle rally.

LITTLE SIOUX, Iowa (AP) - The Iowa State Patrol says it may take several weeks to complete an investigation into the head-on crash that killed four motorcyclists on Interstate 29 in western Iowa.

Three men from Iowa and one from Nebraska were killed Monday evening when a pickup crossed the center line in a construction zone and collided with their motorcycles.

The patrol identifies the victims as 62-year-old Dennis Chaney and 49-year-old Dale Aspedon, both of Glenwood, Iowa; 62-year-old Steven Benscoter of Pacific Junction, Iowa; and 48-year-old Jay Bock of Omaha, Neb.

The patrol says the four motorcyclists were returning from Sturgis, S.D., site of a huge annual motorcycle rally.

Well that just sucks...
When its your time .... its your time..
Riding down the road reflecting on good times passed and C'Ya !

Well I guess that proves that no amount of gear can save you from a wreck like that. I love that they had to throw in that "only Brock was wearing a helmet"...didn't save him! Don't get me wrong, I always wear gear but seems that when they report MC accidents they always through in little comments like that.

That really sucks. Prayers out to all involved including of course the 21yr old. We all make mistakes, his just ruined alot of lives including his own for sometime. I had my closest call this past fri night. A lady turning into Dairy Queen of all places couldnt wait till i went by her and I came within 3ft of the side of her. It was the hardest braking i ever had to do from 50mph. I followed her into the drive through and told her off. She said sorry couldnt see you. I told her I have an F'n headlight open your eyes you fat b%*#$%. I felt kindof bad afterwards but my heart was pumpin hard and so was my adrenline and before my brain could tell my mouth to shut up my mouth already let her have it so that was that. Scared the crap out of me though. Good thing- helmet and jacket were on. Sorry to say, in this heat, i rarely have a helmet or jacket on.So, lets be very careful out there. Its us against them unfortuanatly and they dont know the :rulez:

If he was in fact driving under the influence, he should be dragged out back and shot.

I felt kindof bad afterwards but my heart was pumpin hard and so was my adrenline and before my brain could tell my mouth to shut up my mouth already let her have it so that was that.

Never, ever feel bad about having a go at someone whose carelessness could have cost you your life. (Just don't do it when there are cops around.)

BTW, why don't you wear a helmet? Because it's hot? C'mon, man; weak excuse.

Thats just terrible...it's stories like this that make me wanna leave the bike in the garage for a while.

u know wearing a helment is just for open casket and u all know how all or most of us riders sometimes ride our bikes while we drNKED so my pryera goes out to the fallen riders..god blees the familys but accidenst happen and when god say its our time to go who are we to say it aint...god bless all of u guys who ride and try to be safe..

Back