I need a reference from sombody in iowa

2006busa

Registered
im looking at a bike out in iowa. the bike has a stage two turbo by velocity. it was installed by a bike shop out in iowa. the shop that installed the turbo is called Struthers Brothers. if any one out in iowa could give me some back ground on them or if you know anyone who has conducted any business with them i would appreciate your input, good or bad id like to hear it. i'm in northern indiana and cant go and check them out myself. i've looked at their website but cant fined anything out.

Hey, i've only dealt with struthers once, but they are one of the more well known suzuki shops in the Des Moines area...

I can't speak directly to their ability to install a turbo etc... but here are my two cents worth..

They are the "run of the mill" dealer type place... Big shop, fairly knowledgable technicians, been around awhile..

However, not where i, or anyone i know would generally take a bike for these types of performance upgrades... There are a couple of other places, that generally are more well known for that type of work...

I dont think they are a dynojet dyno/dynojet tuning link location, so i am not sure how or who they would have had the bike tuned... other than maybe outsourcing it to the more well known performance shop... This may have changed since i last poked around struthers, but last i knew they did not have a dyno etc....

That said, they are respected locally, and most generally have a good opinion of their business practices...

Hope this helps in SOME way...

Bump, I am in Iowa but can't help you out sorry.

I think a member from Waterloo knows something about them, maybe he will see this.

well the guy said he hasnt had it tuned or dynoed yet so im kinda concerned about the motor. he said it has 15k on the motor and 3k on the turbo already.

Was just there Thursday, no dyno. But there shop indeed seems to be top-notch. Where is the bike located, maybe one of us can check the bike out for you.

well the guy said he hasnt had it tuned or dynoed yet so im kinda concerned about the motor. he said it has 15k on the motor and 3k on the turbo already.

Id walk away from that bike. Im no Turbo Guru, but EVERYTHING ive ever read regarding Turbo is TUNE TUNE TUNE. Hopefully Richard from RCC of Frank at powerhouse will see this and chime in.

Walk away is my .02

If anyone wants to help me out and take a peek at it. Its in gwerie iowa I believe that's how it is spelled. I was also getting bad vibes from the turbo having 3k on it and no tune. This is a link to the page 2003 Hayabusa
Posted via Mobile Device

do you mean Gowrie iowa?

Actually, I'm going to try to get a chance to hollar at a guy i know locally who has a bike shop...

I remember him telling me a Turbo busa stopped by for service a while back... It surprised me because there are like only 3 in the whole state including mine...

One is supposed to be an RCC kit w/ a cheater arm on it, the other i have no idea other than it was semi local and stopped by my friends shop...

Makes me wonder if it might be that one...

I'll try and stop by there tomorrow if i get a free chance.... Though, with the lever thing i'm doing, im not sure if ill get over there or not...

That said, its a pretty good price if all the parts are there, even if the motor is trashed... If the turbo system is in good shape, and the swing arm isnt crap,

Just sounds like the bike is in pieces...

power commander not hooked up, not tuned, some extra odds n ends... odds n ends are not what i would generally like to hear on a turbo bike ROFLOL..

I guess my determining factor would be "do i want the possibility of a project"

even if the bike is running now, 3k miles of abuse with no tune, might just mean its hanging on for dear life ready to go.... OR it could be perfectly fine..

I think i would go into that purchase with the expectation of spending more money further down the road...

as for popping by, would love to volunteer, but its over an hour away, and my schedule just doesn't allow for it especially with my bike down for work, and only a crappy 12mpg car to drive there....

maybe one of the other guys can help you out there...

Yeah I miss spelled that town. Sry.

Wow turbo bikes are pretty darn few and far between out that was. Supprising since there is probably alot of flat land out there.

If you get a chance to look at it that would be great. I would really appreciate at it.

To me it seems a little low price for a turbo job on a busa. You can find them all day in the 9k and 10k+ range.
Posted via Mobile Device

My buddy has been trying to sell his, it has been raced at the strip numerous times, solid single digit bike. Serious street legal bike, injury at work hurts him to much to ride anymore. let me know and I can get more information for you.

Also if that town wasn't an hour and a half away I would give it a peek for you.

Back