2Up Suspension Settings

.D.

Registered
Anyone have a good setup for 2 up riding?

I'm chasing a good setup for moderate to semi-aggresive sport touring riding scenario while 2up.

I'm fairly well versed in suspension setup but have heard varied musings on 2up settings.

Just bumping this back up. I ride somewhat aggressively two up and have never touched the bike. Hopefully some guru's will catch it. If not try to PM TufBusa.

There are no magical numbers for two up. I don't change my settings for two up rides but I do add a couple pounds of air to the tires.

i am not a small guy so at 6'1" and 252 lbs a friend at gym who dwarfs me asked me if i set up suspension { he rides the zx-14 ) ....... i said bike is amazing just the way it is . after a long conversation he told me of a place in westerner new jersey . so i took my bike there . its safe to say i am thrilled with the results . i ride aggressively the bike feels as if it lost weight . i highly recommend at least talking to a professional the pros and cons .

i am not a small guy so at 6'1" and 252 lbs a friend at gym who dwarfs me asked me if i set up suspension { he rides the zx-14 ) ....... i said bike is amazing just the way it is . after a long conversation he told me of a place in westerner new jersey . so i took my bike there . its safe to say i am thrilled with the results . i ride aggressively the bike feels as if it lost weight . i highly recommend at least talking to a professional the pros and cons .
i think you speak of ron... great guy to have it done buy

not to hijack thread but i don't want to start another.....can anyone shoot me their suspension settings on a gen2 that is roughly my size....I am 6ft 3" 220 lbs. I am looking for suspension settings you are using.keep it simple for me would ya? i am not a track guy but i enjoy the occasional spirited twisty trip..

At most I add 1 extra turn of preload at the rear but only if carrying luggage as well.
If you have the right springs and sag settings for your weight it shouldn't really need changing for 2up...perhaps a click or 2 less rear rebound to help with weight transfer under braking.

I think it depends on total weight. I have my bike set up for me at 245 lbs. With a total weight of something like 400 lbs., with luggage and a reasonably sized 2nd rider, I am going to be pushing the max load limits. I have bottomed out, riding 2 up, entering into a turn aggressively. I can't help but think that my shocks aren't real happy with e at that point. Before I got my girl her Busa we used to ride 2 up often. She is like 140ish at 5'9". I actually got a larger capacity spring for the rear. But when she wasn't on, it was like riding a bronco over the bumps.

I think if you are say 170, you should have plenty of room for the suspension to do its job with a second rider.

Back