2nd Bike

KanjiBusa

Seizures Suck!
Donating Member
Registered
Hey everyone, I just want to make sure I am covering everything with this guy before I travel to st. Louis, MO to pick it up and negotiate.

This is a 2005 R1 Raven
egitarre77.gif

it has 9000 miles
Adult owned
Only 1 owner

Is there anything else I should ask him?
Maybe for VIN for background check.
any other ideas to make sure this will go smoothly

Here are a few pics he sent me.
ypwVasPXcezXasbQlQK1FAIUVO4P.jpg

XXEOz95kHVJJq2sP6rGYObOxRaC7.jpg

ghkKjl2TsqF7St9Y3h8ANCgMlngL.jpg

Sweet bike!!!
super.gif

Definetly run the VIN and check any service records.

Then if you can have a mechanic check it over.

Make sure the TPS (throttle position sensor) recall has been done. If it doesn't idle when hot...it hasn't.
R1's are a wheelie machine so check the fork seals for leaks and the clutch for slip. If he's been doing stand-ups than oil starvation is a problem so a smokey exhaust/oily residue is a sure indication. Be sure the lower pan joint has the locking tabs in good condition and not broken/missing. Replacement plastics are BIG $$$$ and its common for newb owners to break them the first attempt at changing the oil. There should be foil tape covering the seam to insulate against the exhaust. Good luck.

i live just across the river from St.Louis...if there is anything i can do to help you on this end just let me know
beerchug.gif

(semi @ Mar. 24 2007,04:52) i live just across the river from St.Louis...if there is anything i can do to help you on this end just let me know
beerchug.gif
now that's what I call LOVE...
bowdown.gif
Good on ya semi...
super.gif

(bacharles @ Mar. 24 2007,00:28)
(semi @ Mar. 24 2007,04:52) i live just across the river from St.Louis...if there is anything i can do to help you on this end just let me know
beerchug.gif
now that's what I call LOVE...  
bowdown.gif
  Good on ya semi...  
super.gif
sure it is...making sure everything goes nice n smooth...
rock.gif

When you coming this way, pm if you need someone to be the critical friend to help you get the price lower.
beerchug.gif

If you need someone to take a look at it first before you make the long drive, I will be out riding today anyway

sure it will be about a week or so before I can actually get to it, he said he would hold it. has yet to reply to an email i sent him about his addy and phone. but that was only about 30 min ago
biggrin.gif

Hey Kanji, let me know I will be out and about enjoying the great weather today.... If you get his addy, just pm me. I will get the pm on my phone.

Back