1st post, 2nd bike, and darkout plate:)

Lotus49

Registered
Hey guys,
I learned of the forum from a guy at the gas station in norwich, Ct. He had a green turbo busa. I asked him some q's about aftermarket parts and he told me to visit this site. so here i am. I just got a a 2005 Busa. Its my 2nd bike. My 1st one 2 months ago was a 05 zx600 zzr. I love the busa. its just the right bike. I was wondering about a lisence plate cover that turns black when you press a button. I saw it on another Busa and i was like...ooooooooooooo

Thanks
Kris

Welcome lotus I'd like on too
biggrin.gif

welcome aboard. Did the guy you met at the gas station happened to be named Mike?

lol yeah that was his name. An older gentlman. Kind of suprised me becasue before he took his helmet off i though he would be my age (21)
smile.gif
:)

the plate you are referring to is here:
www.1tail.com - Link no longer works

I thought about one some time ago....but with my luck I would forget that the switch is on...and a popo might stop me ask questions.

I thought about one some time ago....but with my luck I would forget that the switch is on...and a popo might stop me ask questions.
Yep, the original one was called the "Stealth Plate" and it was taken off the market a few months after it came out for legal reasons. In all honesty, this one is the only other I've found similar.

BUT be forewarned cops see this on your bike and it's a $2500 fine in some states. There is an alternative called Fast Tags but I don't have the link here at home, it's at work. It basically flips your license plate down effectively doing the samething, but not as obvious. If you want the link, PM me and I'll send it to you.

I thought about one some time ago....but with my luck I would forget that the switch is on...and a popo  might stop me ask questions.
yeah, the led showing if it was dark would probalby stop me from driving with it dark but the $180 price would basically stop me from buying it anyway
wink.gif

cool idea if you like to get into situations that would benefit from it, otherwise it would be a pricy toy

Back