$25 speeding pass in Nevada

just make the ticket less, then we'll be less prone to run. under 150 mph, you pay 100 bucks, on the spot, no points no paperwork. i'd be in for that, lol.

So wait......are we admitting that speeding is not a hazard, but solely a revenue generator? That's pretty much the only conclusion one can draw from this.

+1

I also am a little uneasy about the "transponder" being attached to the vehicle. Uh, who's watching us and when?!

I think Pace and a few others of us did around 75 or so last August during the Stampede in Nevada ... :whistle: Yeah, I think it was right around 75. :laugh:

At the 4+ minute point on this vid check out the road in Nevada.

YouTube - Hawaiibusa's Channel

Last edited:
So whats the transponder for? I bet they be checking for you to pass the 90mph so they can give you a nice ticket.

they need to build an autobahn that goes from the Atlantic to the Pacific and comes through just north of St. Louis! :thumbsup:

the first time someone legally going 90 because of paying the fee has a wreck and kills another person that is only going 70, a lawyer is going to file suit against the state for "allowing" the situation that led to the accident

i agree that 90 isn't worth it...now if i was making a trip all the way across Texas and it was available, i would probably take advantage of it :laugh:

Exactly! This will never pass nor happen legally for the simple reason that most people behind the wheel cannot drive well at any speed let alone 90 MPH.

Ill take this if it passes as a baby step in the direction of an north american auto bahn, though its a godzilla size IF
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeppas, unlimited would be worth $25 for a nice leisurely Saturday ride~!~ :laugh:

At first I was thinking the transponder would be to track you and see actual speeds, but I bet it's for the radar gun sitting on the side of the road so he knows you're legal up to 90mph...they have to have something to tell them you're good to go, otherwise they'd be pulling everyone over anyway~!~

Last edited:
I live in NV and my first ticket was 21+ over the speed limit. Did an on-ramp blast-off at night:duh: and reached a speed of over 135. When he finally caught up to me and said " nice grocery getter" I asked what he clocked me at, " I don't know, my trucks rev limiter stops at 98 mph". I agree, 90 is only 2nd gear.

Back