220MPH Illumiglo & Yellow Box on '04 Busa

When the needles do their little dance part of it is a full scale deflection check. You may find that the servo for the older bikes had a larger FSD and your newer one will not sweep any further. Just a thought.

In any case the yellow box or speedo healer may not be able to help you.

My understanding is that they correct for error by shifting the entire range higher or lower, thats what you would call an offset adjustment.

What you are looking to do is "expand" the scale on your speedo. This may turn out to be nigh on impossible.

But then again, I've been wrong plenty of times before!

Good luck

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111559339 -->

Man, i've gotten this bike up to 150(3 or 4 times) and never get any further, i tuck in(i'm kinda big though) and get hit with so much wind i feel unstable. my helmet feels like it wants to come off and, well you get the point. but as far as the original quesiton, from what i have heard(and it makes sense) the needle has a physical position in which it will stop. that position is where the needle stops when you first turn the ignition on. no matter how acurate or inacurate your speedo is, it won't turn past that, and since your 220 indicater is past that point, it's not going there..............but, i guess if you want to test this, simply use a yellow box or speedohealer to tell the motorcycle it's going much faster than it really is, maybe a -24% speedo correction. that way the needle will be at 124 when you are going 100. so you should be able to answer your question without having to go an actual 220, just have the speedohealer or yellow box tell the speedo you are doing 220 when you are going closer to 175.:)

Obviously this whole thing is academic but let us consider this. With the 180 mph gauges it stops (when the needle does the sweep) at 180 or 185 mph---more or less. Now in the same position with the 220 mph faceplates my needle stops (again with the sweep) at 210 or 215 mph. Question. Which one of us is gonna go that fast and more importantly which one of our bikes has got truly the capability of doing more than 215 ACTUAL mph? Not mine , even with the mods!

BTW.......I have a GPS and a speedohealer!

here ya go... watch this ... you'll see how far the needle goes around
cool.gif

I've seen that one befor. I love that video and the same guy that did that has another video now that's floating around on the internet. but i think that perticular motorcycle is an older model busa befor they started restricting them. so the question is did they also restrict the needles physical end position on our newer bikes or not..................................and true, i'll probly never get my busa over 185 anyways, but it would just me nice to know.

Yes it will go past that spot. I calibrated (to check how linear it is) mine last night and it went past it. Additionally the guy at bluegages said it will as long as you have the power for it.

I'm looking to do the same thing that this post started out with to my '03.Change to 220 MPH speedo faceplate, hopefully corrected by a speedohealer. I bury my 185 fairly regular, but the 220 is obviously just a novelty item for me. Nonetheless, I would like to know it will actually be functional(not looking for precision accuracy, just functionality) above 185. Looking for first hand experience with this, if I can find it here. Also. does anyone know where to buy a speedohealer in the US?

These can simply be wired to the extra running light connector in the nose of the bike, right?

I had my Busa needle as far as it would go the other night and the bike was still pulling i was racing a GSXR 1000 with mods. He said that his digital speedo read 198 and he was about a bike or less behind me. So this week I will be using a GPS to get a better Idea of how fast I am going..We run like this wed through sat every week in season, the only bad part is that in the last 3 weeks we have had two guys go down but they lived through it
smile.gif

Back