Who went to blue guages

BusaSamurai

There Can Be Only One INSTIGATOR * * * *
Donating Member
Registered
I had the blue guages change my faceplates to 220 on an 05 busa .My speedo is off so i was wondering who else has done it and went with yellow box even though it ads miles to your bike 130 extra for every 1000...
Quote from there site,,This can easily be fixed with a speedometer calibrator such as the Yellow Box that we offer on this site. BUT, this is very important, the speedometer and odometer work off of the exact same signal from the speed sensor and is independently calculated on the circuit board inside the gauge cluster to come up with the mileage traveled. When the signal is turned ahead by 13% to correct for the difference in the faceplates, the odometer then will read 13% too high. So, for every 1000 miles you travel, it will actually record 1130 miles.

We may be able to reprogram the 186 gauges in the future to act exactly like the 220 mph gauges allowing this mod to work without any problems but at this time is still under testing and evaluation.

I did it. According to radar, the speedo reads 20% fast. I just do the math in my head. 60=48, 70=56, 80=64 etc. I have an idea for fixing the speedo, but I'm not tearing into during prime riding season.

did it also added spedo healer plug and go from street and track easy to adjust with info from their site .the speed is gps dead on but the miles are off. all i do after my ride is add the % differnce to the mileage. or use the gps with odd. bilt in.
ranman

did it also added spedo healer plug and go from street and track easy to adjust with info from their site .the speed is gps dead on but the miles are off. all i do after my ride is add the % differnce to the mileage. or use the gps with odd. bilt in.
ranman
The speedohealer online calculator has a setting to convert your 185 face plate to 220. Just go to their site, open up the online calc, click on "adjust by gearing ect" option and you should be set. Speedohealers the way to go.....fixed my stock speedo AND corrected for my 16 tooth front sprocket....speedo's dead on and odometer is barely slow, not even enough to matter. Speedohealer all the way!

I run a gps for my speedo I just was worried about racking up more miles then i should .but everything i have read says that odo stays the same as factory so im not gonna worry about it..like the looks of the 220

Anyone have quick links off the top of their head for the speedo healer and the blue gauges?

ok, found the speedohealer (advertisement on front page of this board
biggrin.gif
)

Still looking for the blue gauges

I put the 220's on and got the speedohealer. I have done a bunch of radar traps and gauged it with my wifes car. I am not looking for dead on accuracy but my adjustment was only -5% and I don't know why. That makes no sense but I have calibrated it up to 135mph or so and it is pretty accurate. When I used the online calculator from speedohealer it was way low. My wife would be doing 60 in her car and I would read 41mph or so on my bike. I guess it can vary a lot between bikes.???

I run a gps for my speedo I just was worried about racking up more miles then i should .but everything i have read says that odo stays the same as factory so im not gonna worry about it..like the looks of the 220
it would be less miles. have my healer set at -20% perfict with gps

it would be less miles. have my healer set at -20% perfict with gps
I believe you are correct and less is actually better for resale. I will be doing a gps run Sat. and see if my -5% holds up. If so, I'll be happy, if not, I will correct it and then be happy.

I love the blue gauges. put them in myself and they look awesome. Going to change the led's in the gauge cluster next time I get it apart but not during the summer, will have to do it during a rainy week.

I put the 220's on and got the speedohealer.  I have done a bunch of radar traps and gauged it with my wifes car.  I am not looking for dead on accuracy but my adjustment was only -5% and I don't know why.  That makes no sense but I have calibrated it up to 135mph or so and it is pretty accurate.  When I used the online calculator from speedohealer it was way low.  My wife would be doing 60 in her car and I would read 41mph or so on my bike.   I guess it can vary a lot between bikes.???
When I switched to a 16 tooth front, I used a setting in the speedohealer calc that gave me the option of making the speedo the most accurate...the odo...or the best compromise between the two. I used the best compromise cause' I don't need either perfect...just both close (and the odo will always read a little low...which is a good thing
wink.gif
). And my speedo is still dead on with my GPS. If you go with just one or the other your usually gonna have one very accurate, and one way off.

i was just on the speedohealer web site. there are tuning links one is for estmated speed and the other uses actual speed like from a gps. so if the gps reads 77 and the speedo reads 90 you put those numbers in to the online calc. and it tells you how to program it.

Forget the Yellow Box and go with a Speedo Healer. Has a lot higher percentage of correction than YB, and has a plug that makes the install a breeze.

Back