2200 rpm in 1st

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
my bike is still hesitating at 2200. the service "guy" tells me i cant cruise in first gear at 2200 rpm, that "any" bike will hesitate at that rpm...? what the **** ?! is that true?
rock.gif
?

micron 4-1, pcIII, stock filter [now] installed from dealer.

05busale re-installed pcIII map for micron from power commander website. 05busale said previously installed map was corroded and missing half of map [installed at dealer ! ]. after 05busale reinstalled the map and i replaced the BMC filter [ which was when this all started] back to the stock filter everything was good until today when it started hesitating again in first at 2200.

service manager says to disconnect pcIII to see if unit is bad...?

this is an '06 with 2000 miles under warranty.
pissed.gif

do these bikes really hesitate at 2200 while cruising in first??? service guy says i cant putt around in first at 2200...

there is a bit of hesitating at that speed since your only going about 15mph. mine will sutter a bit after 20mph or above 2500rpm is smooths out. its been this way for 25k on mine.

many of the maps DL'd and passed around only bother with the tuning of 3K~up for top HP production.

you'll likely spend some serious time with a tuner and a new 350i Dyno, who's subscription is paid up on the tuning function.
these tuners will be able to get the entire throttle range adjusted for smoothness.

I had a simlar blip around 2500/3000RPM...then set my GiPro to the 5th gear map...and it has pretty well gone away.....or so it seems.

I don't think it's a matter of a PC, but 2200 rpm is mighty low in the rev range. And if you throttle up, there just isn't enough enertia yet to help the engine from just cruising at 2200. It's not like your on the throttle below 2200 and are going through it, but just adding alot of opening  with very low revs and trying to move a 550 Lb bike with several (maybe) 100 Lbs on it
laugh.gif
. I think all bikes will behave like this if they have any hp potential at all. That's why you'll never have that problem on a Harley. Harleys always rev slow and with very little HP gain so it feels smooth (well
wink.gif
almost if you don't pay attention to the vibration)  
beerchug.gif

So after reading this thread I rode home from work and tried this. I can't imagine why on earth you'd WANT to ride at 2200 RPM in ANY gear. It's just too low in the rpm range....sounds to me like your short shifting. Like someone stated above, 2500 - 3000 is about where I cruise at, closer to 3 most of the time.

At 2200 RPMs you're almost bogging the bike, especially if you give it a fistful of gas at that RPM it ain't gonna do much.

You bought one of the most powerful, fastest bikes in the world....run 'er a little harder, she'll thank you.
super.gif

i was just running it at that rpm a house or two down from mine coming home from pizza. or taking a turn from a stop.

sincere big thanks for the feedback fellas
beerchug.gif

When I am taking it easy I shift from first to third to sixth before hitting 50 mph. I am always down around 2000-3000 and mine pulls nice and smooth most of the time. Granted, if you go WOT from that RPM you are going to get some slow response But if your just easing into it, it should run fine at that RPM.

I don't notice any hesitation or bogging at low rpm's, but my bike has the stock a/f setup, no PC, and occasionally I run my yoshi bolt ons. Did you unhook the PC to see if there was a difference? I guess if you are having problems with maps maybe the unit is corrupting the maps. I agree a good tuner could work thru the entire range instead of just the high end.
coffee.gif

if i want to cruise down the block in first with a consistant 2200rpm should'nt i be able to? or is this beast not capable of it?
rock.gif
responses seem to be a little mixed...???

i think next weekend i will cruise without the pcIII and see what happens...

thanks again, and any other replys will be appreciated.
beerchug.gif

well i forgot i have slip on's if it makes a diff. still i try to stay above 2.5k any lower and you go for it nothing

2200RPM?
rock.gif
Trust me, cruising at 10,000rpm in 6th gear is WAAAY more fun!
biggrin.gif

Seriously, mine hesitates at that rpm as well if I cruise there ... that's why I don't do it. 3500 to 4000 is where I do my cruising on low roads. On the expressway I'm normally at 4000 to 5000.

Yo Dave swing by my place with the bike I'll check to see if the map is corrupt again. You might have a bad PC, We can disconnect it and go for a ride around my hood! How does sat sound? My bike moves along just fine at 1800 rpm and up! However we do have different mods! Call me.

do you have a tre that smoothed out the lowend on mine other wise it bucked like a bronco at low speeds

(spkerhed @ May 01 2007,00:12) do you have a tre that smoothed out the lowend on mine other wise it bucked like a bronco at low speeds
Does he have a WHAT? What is that?
rock.gif

(NightCrawler @ Apr. 30 2007,21:16)
(spkerhed @ May 01 2007,00:12) do you have a tre that smoothed out the lowend on mine other wise it bucked like a bronco at low speeds
Does he have a WHAT? What is that?
rock.gif
I have taken mine off twice and both times hated riding in town. wont run without it again

I tried it on the way home tonight. No problems around 2200 rpm's in first. I have slip-ons with a GIpro. Don't know if that helps or not.

Back