2200 rpm in 1st

I have no problems from idle all the way up, its just how you work the throttle. you have to keep very slight pressure on it or the bike wants to jerk because of the lack of steady torque with less fuel.

(marlboroman71818 @ May 01 2007,01:20) I have no problems from idle all the way up, its just how you work the throttle. you have to keep very slight pressure on it or the bike wants to jerk because of the lack of steady torque with less fuel.
+1 Well put.

Another possible cause is the profile of the camshafts. Engines are pumps, pure and simple, and enabling one to pump more air (or become a higher-output engine) without increasing its displacement requires that the valves open farther and stay open longer. That increases valve overlap - the number of crankshaft rotational degrees that both the intake and exhaust valves are open simultaneously - and that causes the engine to lope at lower RPMs because the valve timing is better suited for high-RPM operation. In other words, the condition you are experiencing may be a normal trade-off for more power through better breathing at higher engine speeds.

If you gradually increase the idle speed using the fast idle control, which makes holding a steady engine speed easier than using the actual throttle, you'll find a spot where the idle will become less smooth and the engine will lope. My '03 that is mechanically stock except for Yoshimura R-22s does that right around 2,000 RPM.

You might be trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Ed

cant thank you guys enough, the replies, info, and hands on help given are truly "comforting", after all this is my baby.

you ask me about paint and i can tell you, but mechanics...i have a real good idea and understanding of how things work but when it comes to working on the bike...

(Revolution @ Apr. 30 2007,18:02) if i want to cruise down the block in first with a consistant 2200rpm should'nt i be able to? or is this beast not capable of it?
rock.gif
responses seem to be a little mixed...???

i think next weekend i will cruise without the pcIII and see what happens...

thanks again, and any other replys will be appreciated.  
beerchug.gif
I cruise 2 up at 6000 ft in 6th gear at 2500-3000 rpms sometimes......the Busa's a torque monster, you need some mapping changes
wink.gif

2000 rpm--- 2nd gear ----25 in a 25 zone--- sometimes it's smooth but most often not...It's better when the engine is up to full temp...Yep sometimes feathering the clutch---been this way 23k miles
Tre 5th gear map on all the time- Muzzy and a pcII.. I just deal with it --like someone else said before -- Busa's hate to go slow...........

The easiest thing seems to be to disconnect the pcIII. Take it for a ride and see what happens. I've heard stories of them "losing their minds"

Hey, if nothing else, it could be a real easy fix
smile.gif

The throttle bodies could be a little off also, but it will usually idle a little rough, and be a little "off" down low.

And yes, here on L.I. we are forced to go SLOOOWWW sometimes.

Keeps getting more crowded around here
sad.gif

2200 rpms D???
SHOCKED.gif

i thought that was just for pullin off a red light when tha one-time is watchin....the last time my bike was doin 2000 revs I was in neutral pullin into my garage
all_coholic.gif

i think you should go back to the BMC filter/Micron combo, keep the PAIR block-offs on, and add a TRE with the PCIII n the map from 05Busale....might take care of things-if not, at least you can finally break 186mph!!!
super.gif

on friday 05busale is gonna check to see if the map is still in there from when he installed it last week. if it's not then the pcIII is bad. i called dynojet who makes the pcIII today and they have no problems replacing it if it's bad, so friday we'll know.

if the map is fully there then i think a tre will fix the problem from what i've read in this thread.

Back