220 Mph Guages, Power Commander and SpeedoHealer

JPunisher

Registered
I have an 06 busa with a Power Commander III. From my understanding, among other features, the Power Commander disables the governor allowing the bike to reach 220 Mph. I was looking at these guages and they offer a 220Mph (for 99-2000)

Image Gallery

I was wondering if this will fit my 06 and if I would need a SpeedoHealer to calibrate the guage? If I do need the SpeedoHealer, how accurate can I get it?

I was also wondering if the Power Commander itself affects the accuracy of the stock gauge?

Thanks,

JPunisher

Unless yours is the blue 2006 model...you cant reach 220 mph...even derestricted.

PC has no effect on speedo accuracy....it is off from the factory.

If you want the 220 gauges for looks, go for it, and get a speedohealer also.:beerchug:

I have an 06 busa with a Power Commander III. From my understanding, among other features, the Power Commander disables the governor allowing the bike to reach 220 Mph. I was looking at these guages and they offer a 220Mph (for 99-2000)

Image Gallery

I was wondering if this will fit my 06 and if I would need a SpeedoHealer to calibrate the guage? If I do need the SpeedoHealer, how accurate can I get it?

I was also wondering if the Power Commander itself affects the accuracy of the stock gauge?
Power commanders don't disable the governor. You need a TRE, Gear Postition Sensor MOD, ECUEdit, or reflash from the dyno guys. You will need a SpeedoHealer for the 220mph Gauge to be accurate, and yes, if you set it up correctly will be extremely accurate.

P.S. Yes, the '06 Blue/Silver is the fastest color!!!!

Last edited:
i dnt think the 06 can hit 220 miles per hr even wif tre and speedohealer becos our ecu is diff frm the 99 model i have tried bfore the max i could push was 320km/h arnd there.......

Even the first year Busa could not achieve 220 mph out the box. The actual top speed is recorded in the 190s mph range!:bowdown:

Thanks for all of the replies. I think that I am just going to stay with the 06 gauge (180Mph). If the most I can reach stock is about 190, I don't think it is worth it (unless I decide to paint the bike blue :laugh: ). I am interested in getting the Gipro Gear Indicator with TRE. Thanks again for all the help:beerchug:.

JPunisher

There is a special buy from Ball Z on the GiPro right now. And it is a good idea to get a speedohealer if you want to know exactly how fast you are going....without GPS

Speed-o-healer is needed mine was off 7. something % right from the showroom floor then after the gearing it was nearly 25%
I don't know what your talking about 07 black is the fastest color :poke:

I went ahead an put the 220 speedo on it since it doesn't cost anything extra when putting on the white face plates, an since the speedo is off anyway you going to need a healer regardless. As for the restricter there are plug an play ways around it for less than the gipro buy I have it cause i wanted the gear indicator.

I was really interested in the X-TRE but it seems that it only works for 08+. I already contacted Josh (Ball Z) to inquire about the GIPRO group buy :thumbsup:.

There is a few member who had custom gauges made from ?(i forget) and they look awesome. not overly priced either. If you have a picture or an idea it can be made into a gauge faceplate. I'm sure a member will chime in.

As I understand it (feel free to comment with corrections), the post 2000 gauge cluster uses the same signal for both the odometer and the speedometer. So, when you add the 220mph faceplate, and make the speedometer correction for it using the speedohealer, the odometer will become overly optimistic (it will show more miles than you have actually ridden).

The only workaround is to buy a pre-2001 gauge cluster.

As I understand it (feel free to comment with corrections), the post 2000 gauge cluster uses the same signal for both the odometer and the speedometer. So, when you add the 220mph faceplate, and make the speedometer correction for it using the speedohealer, the odometer will become overly optimistic (it will show more miles than you have actually ridden).

The only workaround is to buy a pre-2001 gauge cluster.

I'm sorry to say that is incorrect. When you calibrate your speedometer then your odometer is also corrected.

I'm sorry to say that is incorrect. When you calibrate your speedometer then your odometer is also corrected.

My reply is not to defend my comment but to get a better understanding of this issue. Bluegauges.com (Suzuki Illumiglo Faceplates) states that the odo will be wrong if you apply the 220mph faceplate to the 186mph gauges.

I looked into this last year in the hope of purchasing the 220mph faceplate (and other gauge mods). I emailed them and was told what I posted.

Can you add more information to the thread? Did you test the accuracy of the odo after applying the 220mph faceplate? Also note that this only applies to post 2000 gauge clusters.

Looking forward to more information...

Back