220 gauges on 07 Busa

PADEROLIS

Registered
I bought a 220mph gauge assembly from a fellow Busa owner on another site, I only needed to swap the housing. Knowing that I have a 2007 that came with 185mph gauge assembly, does the 220 need to be calibrated for the 07? Is it just plug and ride? Thanks

SpeedoHeeler (SH)
-6.8 for facory error
adjustable for sprocket combos
can calibrate to GPS or radar

questions is...
can you do 220?

:poke:

Last edited:
SpeedoHeeler (SH)
-6.8 for facory error
adjustable for sprocket combos
can calibrate to GPS or radar

questions is...
can you do 220?

:poke:

LOL! I know it wont really go 220, just always thought it looked cool!:beerchug:

IMG_3740.jpg

The cheaper alternative is to just pruchase a set of over lay that run up to 220 you still need a speedo healer or yellow box to correct the offset

Plug and ride :thumbsup:

You'll still be affected by the factory speedo error; that won't change. SpeedoHealer will fix that, if you're worried about it.

Thanks for the input and advise! The pic in my earlier post is actually the gauges on my bike. They were only $65 shipped!! Thanks again to CrazyBill from SH.com!:beerchug:

Speedohealer!! I did the same mod to my 01. I got tired of running out of numbers on the 185 speedo. And,.........as you already said,..........the 220 looks cool!! :thumbsup:

If that were true, then the zx12r would be in the book of world records instead of the busa. ;) The fastest "official" top speed I've found for a zx12 prior to the 2001 top speed limit was 187mph...no where near the busa's 194. There are people who claim that they go faster but none of them were verified with radar and or gps so you know how that goes....

when I hear a story of the top speed on the busa, it reminds me of some program I seen on tv, back in 99 or 00 they put the bike to a high speed test, and with tail wind they did 202mph.. I didn't catch the whole program. so I cant tell you what the show was.. I just remember how that stuck in my head, WOW! 202MPH FOR A STREET BIKE.. but it could of been some manufactures bs. I dont know..

I did the same thing on my 07, Seems to be about 5 to 10 mph off but in the way that will keep you out of trouble. :laugh: And your right it does look awesome.

I have actually had people walk up to my bike and notice the gauges and you can hear them say ( Damn ) They dont need to know it wont do 220. :laugh:

Back