$20K for a USED Gen 1

He must be eating those famous Kiwi magic mushrooms , cos he is tripping out :eek: !!
I would like a Gen 1 , all the bits like billet offset clamps other goodies that I could get off the shelf... , and I might yet and it can live with my L2 inside . But that isn't a '99 , and for 20k I want it all and more for a lot less . I got ideas for a Gen 1 , but my Gen 2 will probably always handle better , even though I got an extra set of Ohlins FGRT fork and TTX ready for Gen 2 , could go Gen1 hybrid ...:thumbsup:

He must be eating those famous Kiwi magic mushrooms , cos he is tripping out :eek: !!
I would like a Gen 1 , all the bits like billet offset clamps other goodies that I could get off the shelf... , and I might yet and it can live with my L2 inside . But that isn't a '99 , and for 20k I want it all and more for a lot less . I got ideas for a Gen 1 , but my Gen 2 will probably always handle better , even though I got an extra set of Ohlins FGRT fork and TTX ready for Gen 2 , could go Gen1 hybrid ...:thumbsup:

EXTRA set of Ohlins???? Are you serious? So thats why theyre in such short supply, coz peeps like you are stockpiling them when peeps like me haven't got them..grrrrr!

Go for it Kiwi Rider , the K5 /6 were the best . BMW it is said , started with one of them Gixxers and Germanized it into the 1000rr BMW . I personally really like them .
Hey I also got gen 2 forks fitted with 30mm Ohlins cartridges and SU046 rear that were old set up on my L2 , that would also be good for that gen 1 , and 1 spare set of BST wheels . Got plans for another Gen 2 but if good Gen 1 is around , I would be tempted to build a custom special out of it . I really am obsessed with my Busa and I want more of them to run different set ups . :thumbsup:

DSCF1353.JPG

Last edited:
Go for it Kiwi Rider , the K5 /6 were the best . BMW it is said , started with one of them Gixxers and Germanized it into the 1000rr BMW . I personally really like them .
Hey I also got gen 2 forks fitted with 30mm Ohlins cartridges and SU046 rear that were old set up on my L2 , that would also be good for that gen 1 , and 1 spare set of BST wheels . Got plans for another Gen 2 but if good Gen 1 is around , I would be tempted to build a custom special out of it . I really am obsessed with my Busa and I want more of them to run different set ups . :thumbsup:

View attachment 1579046
Yo RoadToad, can I come over and play in your garage? Don't mind the truck backed up to the door........ You seem like a fine person but I don't know, BST's sitting in the corner? That one hell of a parts bin!

Yup, I know all about the GSXR K5/K6, I bought a new one in 2006, had it for 3 years and then my lower back played up and I sold it to get an upright bike, a 2006 KTM 950SM.
I realy think I would rather spend 5K towards an Ohlins shock and forks.

Toad, I'm speechless at the spares in your garage, you've obviously got a compulsion to acquire and hoard Ohlins and CF premium parts.... Jealous? Me?? Never.... When you see an American truck with Va plates back up to your garage you better break out the 'protection', Arch is not a man to be messed with!
On a serious note though, that is friggin AWEsome!
How long have you had the Busa OCD going on?
Can you tell us the story on how you came to be in possession of the Gold precious metals and CF treasure? What is the difference in the ride quality you noticed when you fitted the Ohlins to your L2?
Real keen to hear about that!

Last edited:
The listing closed and did not sell.

Must have been because he didn't do the side stand mod. :crazy:

Did you notice at the bottom it said "Sold pending inspection", Someone is getting a nice Gen 1, love to know how much and if he's taking the extras with it.
The South.Island of NZ only has 900,000 people and a few thousand bikers, I'll most likely see him around.
The bike was sold 6 months ago to the guy listing it for $9000, he lives in Westport and it is basically a town trapped in the 1960's. The people there are in-bred and have extra toes and the odd limb missing or sometimes even added!
I stayed there overnight once, have you seen the 'Twilight Zone' series.... yeah well it was like that but scarier, the women . . . . . don't even get me started on the place lol

Just made that picture my wallpaper.

Last edited:
Mods are always half price if you part out and if bought with the bike, saying you "don't really want that" goes a long way and very well might be true. This whole bike scene is an investment in living but definitely not a good financial investment.

Back