Buying a Gixxer

Ya I get it just didn’t think it was old enough to be a cool barn find. I think 60s muscle car. No one thinks a 87 camaro barn find is cool lol.

But bike is a cool

He's relisted it at the same start price, now we know the reserve price is $3500 I doubt if he will get much interest.

A reasonably good one at a bike dealer is $6995 as below.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1498151722
1520008275782.png

That is a fresh import from Japan, he's had it listed for 2 months now.
Anyway, they are few and far between here in NZ and I guess that is jacking up the asking price.
I really need a 'project bike' for winter now that I've pretty much sorted my 'Busa (oh, apart from Ohlins suspenders and light wheels and Brembo brakes which will come later, I was hoping to make a bit of $$ on the clean up and sale of that GSXR to put towards those precious metals) and it's fun just to have an old classic in the shed also!

He's relisted it at the same start price, now we know the reserve price is $3500 I doubt if he will get much interest.

A reasonably good one at a bike dealer is $6995 as below.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1498151722
View attachment 1579574
That is a fresh import from Japan, he's had it listed for 2 months now.
Anyway, they are few and far between here in NZ and I guess that is jacking up the asking price.
I really need a 'project bike' for winter now that I've pretty much sorted my 'Busa (oh, apart from Ohlins suspenders and light wheels and Brembo brakes which will come later, I was hoping to make a bit of $$ on the clean up and sale of that GSXR to put towards those precious metals) and it's fun just to have an old classic in the shed also!
Carbon Garage a had a mint 86 , all original sold for $16500.

Ok, that's really cool, collectable bike in pristine condition, 16.5K is actually realistic, my mate will love that, he's always harping on about how his 88 J model is worth at least 10K lol.
Thanks for sharing that Mike. :beerchug:

Back