At Last... my new static Wheel Balancer!

Kiwi Rider

Registered
I'm pretty excited!
At long last I have my own static wheel balancer, finally found one at a very reasonable price.
Now when I give dollar figures, bear in mind I'm talking NZ Dollars, and it's relevant to the local economy and the wages we get here in NZ.
An average automotive mechanic makes around $30 per hour just to give you an idea.
Anyway, I've been looking at static balancers online and locally and I just could not find one under $160 anywhere.
Even on AliExpress they are $162 delivered, locally around $190 and in my book that is way too much.
I saw a listing on Trademe for the shaft and cones, with the fitting for the small roller bearings(brgs incl) for $69 plus freight, without the paddock stand.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1552393487&archive=1
1520485253202.png

I rang the seller direct and asked if they could supply an upright stand with the shaft and cones.
They said, "No problem, that's $85 plus $22.50 freight (in the North Island 600kms away)
So, for $107.50 I now have my own balancer.
I fit my own tyres at my workshop and save a decent amount by ordering my tyres online.
My Busa's front end starts to vibrate at around 180kmh and gets worse over 200kmh due to unbalanced front wheel.
Now I'll be smoooooooth as a Brazilian at high speed.
Here's a pic. . . . . . .
IMG_1832.JPG

Back