2022 busa warranty

Bought a 2022 with a brocks system bike has 1k miles and its already burning oil just wondering if the factory warranty will cover it
Hard to say but really depends on dealer. If it was a private sale they may say no. If it was purchased from a dealer, I would bring it up with them.

Worse case, it’s not expensive to repair if you are close to a good builder. Might be a great time for upgrades while it’s apart.

Here in India if we have got any modifications done on the bike including an exhaust fitted from outside the Suzuki dealership (only Akra & Yoshimura are approved by Suzuki in India if fitted ftom the Suzuki dealer) the warranty is null & void. We cannot get away with an aftermarket air filter even in case of warranty issues.

First, the bike should be looked over by a detail-oriented sport bike tech for obvious and innocuous issues. Do you do any work yourself? The members here would help guide you through some basic tasks.

Can you video the smoke? Is it white / blue / black?

Someone could have installed a race filter when they swapped the exhaust and excessively oiled the filter. The air box needs to be inspected.

What if they overfilled the oil?

If the first owner put 1000 miles of burnouts on it, perhaps they could have blown the head gasket. Are the tires original? Compare the model of tires to the advertised model. Inspect the rear tire and look for rubber all about the rear of the bike.

Can you see the oil level in the inspection window?

Some quick observations may indicate what is truly going on. I am crossing my fingers for you that the problem is not bad.

First, the bike should be looked over by a detail-oriented sport bike tech for obvious and innocuous issues. Do you do any work yourself? The members here would help guide you through some basic tasks.

Can you video the smoke? Is it white / blue / black?

Someone could have installed a race filter when they swapped the exhaust and excessively oiled the filter. The air box needs to be inspected.

What if they overfilled the oil?

If the first owner put 1000 miles of burnouts on it, perhaps they could have blown the head gasket. Are the tires original? Compare the model of tires to the advertised model. Inspect the rear tire and look for rubber all about the rear of the bike.

Can you see the oil level in the inspection window?

Some quick observations may indicate what is truly going on. I am crossing my fingers for you that the problem is not bad.
Yea i checked the airbox and its clean it does have a sprint filter but its not
Is it burning oil or just smoking a little? If they spilled oil on the exhaust when they changed it, you can get the same result.
Plugs are fouled and coated with oil waiting on compression test

Yea i checked the airbox and its clean it does have a sprint filter but its not

Plugs are fouled and coated with oil waiting on compression test
First thing to determine is if the “burning oil” is coming up from the bottom end or down from the top end or is it something outside the engine like air filter or something other. Don’t take all compression tests to the bank, if the compression rings are in good shape and the oil is coming past the oil control rings or down a valve guide the compression will be normal or in most cases the compression could 10 - 20 psi higher. The right amount of compression is created by several factors with the rings and cylinder and the right amount of oil on the cylinder so if a cylinder has more oil than required then you will have more compression. Same works for the opposite if you have a good engine and you wash down the cylinders and the oil is removed then the engine will have very low compression because there’s no oil there to create a ring seal so it is a good idea to read compression but normal compression or high compression or low compression does not pin point the problem exactly. You can also do a leak down test with a leak down tester, similar to a compression test but your putting 30 psi into the cylinder and take a small vacuum hose with one end stuck in your ear the other end put in the crankcase (oil fill cap), throttle bodies and exhaust. If there’s a ring issue you may hear more air in the oil fill cap on one cylinder than the others. If there’s a suspicion the rings didn’t seat properly which I don’t always agree with because I am a professional engine builder with several hundred engine builds under my belt but I will clarify none were motorcycle engines except one HD, anyway if you want to try seating the rings change oil to either a break-in oil or straight 30w crude oil (no synthetic whatsoever) and then drive harder than normal but no need to hang it off the rev limiter but keep it loaded meaning lots of acceleration (cruising will not seat rings). Forcing the rings out against the cylinders with excessive pressure will allow the rings to seat. Rings do not seat by just the spring tension built into the rings, they need to see acceleration so the combustion will go down the ring land and make its way behind the rings forcing them against the cylinder. Anyway I’m getting long winded here but I do advise you to look outside the engine for the issue and don’t point fingers at the engine to early because I find it hard to believe a high performance engine with such low miles has an internal problem so do your homework or take it to a professional and just because it’s a dealership does not make the mechanic a professional. Most rings always seat but I have a couple engines that I’ve had to treat harsh to get them to seat.

I forgot to mention if you get as far as doing a leak down test a leak down tester will have a gauge telling you the percentage of air that is leaking past the rings. I’m not a motorcycle engine mechanic but I would think a cylinder that small should have less than 5% leak @ 30 psi.

Unfortunately not on a used bike that has been modified.
That's weird as here balance of warranty stays with the bike even if it's a private sale, modifications as little as exhaust won't raise a flag and it needs to be determined whether it caused the fault or not.

More information, if all the plugs are equally oily that’s an indication oil is being fed into the cylinders equally and not a particular cylinder issue. Ecstar R5000 is non synthetic, R7000 is semi-synthetic and R9000 is full synthetic. Suzuki dealer told me they come with semi. I feel 1000 miles is not enough miles to be running full synthetic but that’s my opinion although you probably don’t know what oil you have. I believe you would be ok running non synthetic until you know if it’s a ring seating issue. Rings will seat faster/better with non synthetic.

That's weird as here balance of warranty stays with the bike even if it's a private sale, modifications as little as exhaust won't raise a flag and it needs to be determined whether it caused the fault or not.
As long as the bike is still within mileage, and there’s no strange verbiage in the manufacturers actual warranty: the Mangussen-Moss Act says that the burden to prove that the add on caused the damage for which the warranty claim is being denied.

Back