2014 Midwest meet and greet

I would attend if the meeting point was in Nebraska or Iowa. As far as good places to side, pick a river and follow it! Counsel Bluffs sounds like a winner.

-D

there is a camp ground here people can stay at.....I also have 3 acres out in the country a good sized shop i can fit prob 20 bikes in or so as well as a 2.5 car garage i could fit more bikes in. There is plenty of flat land out at my house so tent city could be born. Or there are plenty of hotels in the area. As for roads. There are a few decent roads around here. 15 to 20 mile road to glenwood is route 275. There is another road that heads to beebeetown i forget the highway name off the top of my head but its twisty heaven for sure roughly 20 mile run there as well. Locally there are attractions henry doorly zoo ball parks..triple a baseball team. I would of course need the better halfs approval lol. If we ever get rain i can have a huge bonfire. I am out of town far enough no one would bother us. Hell i might even be able to hook us up with a band to play a set for us.I am out of town then last week of july but i am sure with wifes approval we could arrange a date and spend a weekend with the gang:)

there is a camp ground here people can stay at.....I also have 3 acres out in the country a good sized shop i can fit prob 20 bikes in or so as well as a 2.5 car garage i could fit more bikes in. There is plenty of flat land out at my house so tent city could be born. Or there are plenty of hotels in the area. As for roads. There are a few decent roads around here. 15 to 20 mile road to glenwood is route 275. There is another road that heads to beebeetown i forget the highway name off the top of my head but its twisty heaven for sure roughly 20 mile run there as well. Locally there are attractions henry doorly zoo ball parks..triple a baseball team. I would of course need the better halfs approval lol. If we ever get rain i can have a huge bonfire. I am out of town far enough no one would bother us. Hell i might even be able to hook us up with a band to play a set for us.I am out of town then last week of july but i am sure with wifes approval we could arrange a date and spend a weekend with the gang:)

Where you located at?

i am in council bluffs iowa. Right on the boarder of nebraska and iowa by omaha

There is a local lake (Lake Manawa) if folks like to boat and fish. Its not a huge lake but its big enough for water skiing tubing etc. L34 is the road that goes to beebeetown. Its pretty twisty out in the country lotsa fields etc. The road to glenwood iowa is also known as Lincoln highway i think and is scenic for the most part and fairly twisty. hyway 183 heads north and is a decent ride lot longer if you wanted it goes all the way north into the dakotas i think.

Some here in Kansas City would be up for a meet in the Omaha area.

I'll start packing tonight!

I still have stuff packed up from last year. :whistle:

and I would live to spend some more time in the Omaha area. I don't remember much (other than I was cold) from my time there last October. :laugh:

:beerchug: IM IN!

end of May? Maybe?

It'd have to be end of June-ish for me. End of May is busy as hell for me. Memorial Day, AMA races, etc. etc. But don't schedule it around me.

last 2 weekends of June I have mandatory runs. early June is groovy.

^^^like Bots said though, don't plan around me either.

:whistle: its only a days ride to your place. when it's not snowing. I could zip over about anytime and say hello. :beerchug:

He hasn't even asked the better half yet, :laugh:

And we're planning this. We're comin' whether you like it or not! :rofl:

LOL red your awesome...a popsickle but awesome .... I will speak with the better half this evening and see if maybe we cant come up with some dates.... This area is kind of central to a lot of riders i think. illinois is only 4 hours away roughly from my area kc is roughly 3 hours dakotas is roughly 2 hours colorado is only l;ike 6 hours.wisonsin is round 6 hours mall of america is 8 hour drive :) zip code for mapping purposes for folks is 51503...check it out see if the location is agreeable and i will see what we can do:)

Sounds like a good time! I'd be down for Iowa.

Also the black hills area is great, as long as the Hardley swarm is not there. We have stayed at the Roosevelt Inn in Keystone and never been disappointed, its a large privately owned hotel.

Lets get a Midwest meet n' greet going!

The Eureka Springs M&G is May 29th-31st so you may not want the end of May. I would be able to make Council Bluffs. About a 7 hour ride for me.

I'm really hoping for July or August. I know it's hot but there's always less stuff going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back