Indy Moto GP who's going?

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
Was wondering if there was a meet n' greet or hang out spot at the track for any .org's who might be attending Moto GP this coming weekend. I am leaving (bolting/running/shutting off co. cell phone) Thursday. Let me know if you're going and where your staying. Thanks Wardie

was wondering the same thing. I'm leaving friday morn. staying downtown and am in the e penthouse.there must not be a meet and greet.but surely everyone will be on meridian st. at night ,right? will be on a black and silver busa with black shoei,ridin with a buddy on a black road king.hope to see ya all.

I'll be there, arriving early Sat morning. Staying overnight northside of Indy. Not sure whether to ride or drive, don't like the idea of leaving it outside my hotel room even with alarm system.

I'll be there, arriving early Sat morning. Staying overnight northside of Indy. Not sure whether to ride or drive, don't like the idea of leaving it outside my hotel room even with alarm system.

Don't blame you. Be careful.

Wish I could go and cheer on Nicky. ENJOY THE RACES! :thumbsup:

I'm not going to be able to go this year, bummer.
Was there last year, and on the whole 5 deep back stretch full of parked bikes, I only seen one other Busa besides mine. An Orange & Black '08. Went by another (a black Gen 1), which was in the back of a pickup, on the way out of Indy on Sunday after the race. Then passed one more on the interstate on the way home. The whole weekend, 10,000 bikes around, and I see 3 other Busas.???

Okay .org friends listen up to the deal I cut. Greenfield, Indiana is 20 minutes from the track. If you call the number listed below, ask for the Manager Kelly and tell her you heard the rate of $52 a night mentioned on my motorcycle show The 2 Wheel Power Hour she will honor that rate for you for any number of days. I am staying there Thursday night and hooking up with Brightman sometime on Friday. This Super 8 has a pool and free breakfast each day. Beats the crap out of staying 10 minutes closer and paying upwards of $120. That's it! Hope it gets some of you off the fence who were wanting to go but with the economy the way it is decided against it. Weather unlike last year is going to be great. Last year was an adventure. Between the rain, all power out from Indian to ohio and no gas plus 60 mph winds gusting, well it was the hardest ride of my life. Wardie Greenfield Super 8 317-462-8899 ask for Kelly.

Wardie, what do you do with your bike at night? Pull it into room? Sounds like you are not trailering it there.

I have 9,000 miles on her this year. I don't trailer anywhere but that's just the BMW coming out in me. Why have a bike if you're not going to ride it to where you want to go. No hate from trailer queens please this is my own opinion. I suppose one day in the not too distant future I won't be able to do distance. At that point I may hang it up but I'm not trailering and I sure as hell ain't three wheelin' it? Scared of those things. Wardie

Last edited:
I am going to the GP, I live on the Northeast side of Indy and will be downtown on both Friday and Saturday nights. Indy blocks off the downtown streets on Friday and Saturday, it is a good time. My son has football game on Saturday so I will not be at the races until Sunday. If you are around on Friday, my office is about 2 miles from the 16th street entrance of the track, if you want to hook up PM me and let the other Busa Owners know we will be out.

OMG what a terrific race weekend it was! Who would of thought Pedrosa and Rossi would go down? Hayden podium finish again! Where's Casey Stoner? Hayden carrying the load for the Ducati Team.

Meet up with Brightman, cool guy , first Indy looks like he had a great time! Wardie

Back