2014 joining the ranks!

Welcome to the Org. and congrats on the new bike,great color scheme!:thumbsup:A couple of us rode up to the event there on Sat.,pretty good turnout.I'd either do the kickstand mod. or get used to parking your bike in gear(preferably),left in neutral and parked on the slightest downhill angle it'll eventually roll forward and crash(happened to me and probably a 1,000 others).

Welcome to the Org. and congrats on the new bike,great color scheme!:thumbsup:A couple of us rode up to the event there on Sat.,pretty good turnout.I'd either do the kickstand mod. or get used to parking your bike in gear(preferably),left in neutral and parked on the slightest downhill angle it'll eventually roll forward and crash(happened to me and probably a 1,000 others).

Yeah that event was pretty good free dogs and brats, cokes ect..

so far this bike has been a dream! It's like Butter!, and I love it!

Yeah that event was pretty good free dogs and brats, cokes ect..

so far this bike has been a dream! It's like Butter!, and I love it!

Just a heads up about the Summit Series tomorrow and Sunday at Fontana(don't know if you're fairly close to the track or not?),lots of quick bikes(mostly all Busas with a few ZX-14s,will run in a group 5-6 times each day starting around 8:30AM)and $15 to get in.I'm headin' up that way around 8:00AM both days(I'm in south Corona about 6 miles north of Elsinore)and it's worth the trip if you're in the area.

NHRA Summit Series - Auto Club Dragway

if i had that color combination i would gonwith some white powdercated wheels .... love the colors

jeff how far is this from san diego?

so, I did the kickstand mod with a cheapie dremel tool not as precise as I wanted it to be. I'm amazed how such a small notch makes so much difference. But, forgetting all that why does Suzuki keep making kickstands like this? (on other models as well?)
BTW, thank you to those who stressed the importance of this mod!

ks1_zpsms3ceq6m.jpg

ks2_zpsijcdug7l.jpg

ks4_zpsdqmissvs.jpg

ks3_zpsavxwkje4.jpg

ks5_zpstgykvymd.jpg

I'm three years in on mine and so far have not understood the need to adjust the kickstand at all, had my gen 1 quite a while too and never felt or saw the need...maybe if it was lowered I could see it but the lean over has been more than ample on mine to not worry over it. I dunno maybe its how I park the bike, or that I always park it in gear and roll it forward to the stop point before putting the kickstand down? Of course now that I am posting this question perhaps I am going to curse myself a bit...

Same here, but I learnt the hard way as once I did not dismount the right way and it fell over. I was fast though and got in underneath the bike, so no damage besides a sore back for a week or so. If we ALWAYS put it in gear and roll it forward you will always be fine. I have a Husqvarna which is 10 times worse that the Busa for falling over on the side stand.

I never understood the design(or lack of)either,Harleys have had a locking style of kick stand for 50 years.:laugh:Just to play it safe I always leave mine in gear(after having my Gen I roll off the stand and do $500 worth of damage),unless it's on a slight rearward slope while warming it up.

I never understood the design(or lack of)either,Harleys have had a locking style of kick stand for 50 years.:laugh:Just to play it safe I always leave mine in gear(after having my Gen I roll off the stand and do $500 worth of damage),unless it's on a slight rearward slope while warming it up.

That's cause hardley's spend all their time leaning on the kick stand! :laugh:

I don't know Flats,I see loads of 'em out here in big groups(more visual anyway than the sportbike crowd,most of them are in Power Ranger suits pretending to be Marquez and Rossi in the canyons :laugh:).

Where abouts are you located Bobby?A few of us get together most weekends to go out and disturb some peace(In about a half hour we're ridin' down to Temecula Motorsports in Murietta for some shindig they're putting on,a couple of the guys are interested in some demo rides...high risk for the dealer:laugh:).

PS...my girlfriend's a die-hard,lifelong Angels fan but I roll with the Yankees...mostly for the sake of arguing.:laugh:

I am late to this party, but I just saw your video ;) and then found this thread...

Beautiful Busa!! Congrats on your new toy!! :thumbsup:

Where abouts are you located Bobby?A few of us get together most weekends to go out and disturb some peace(In about a half hour we're ridin' down to Temecula Motorsports in Murietta for some shindig they're putting on,a couple of the guys are interested in some demo rides...high risk for the dealer:laugh:).

PS...my girlfriend's a die-hard,lifelong Angels fan but I roll with the Yankees...mostly for the sake of arguing.:laugh:

I live in Anaheim Hills, there is a bike night at Cycle Gear in Fullerton on the 28th of May. Gonna try to make that one for a free hot dog and a coke!
Better a Yankee Fan then an Oakland A's fan!!!!!

I'm really loving this Hayabusa thanks all for the nice comments

Ok,you're pretty close by then,probably 25 miles from me,and I travel the 91/55 everyday to work.

We're(NY)playing Boston tonight,hate that damned team.:laugh:

Ok,you're pretty close by then,probably 25 miles from me,and I travel the 91/55 everyday to work.

We're(NY)playing Boston tonight,hate that damned team.:laugh:

Boston is to the Bronx Bombers as the Athletics are to the Halos!!!!!!

if you could make the bike night I think it would be cool to shake hands!!

Don't know if I'll make it to the bike night but we'll hook up one of these days bro.:beerchug:

Arod just came in to pinch hit and got his 660th home run,and over that ugly azz green wall...couldn't have happened against a more jerkoff team!:laugh:

Another board member here(Juan,goes by QWKENAF and is the pres. of Twisted Riders)lives over by Knotts and usually makes that bike night(has a sweet Gen I Busa and a new GSXR 750).If you see him(stocky guy with a shaved head)go over and say hey,super good guy.:thumbsup:

Back