"New" 2014 Busa

RC Randy

Registered
9102.JPG
9103.JPG

Don't post often(more of a lurker) but in March I found a 2014 Busa at a Harley dealership with only 300 miles for an outrageously cheap price! This was one of the colors that I wanted, so I took a chance and had it shipped from Charleston SC to Wichita KS. I've bought quite a few bikes without seeing them in person and have sometimes had surprises that were not disclosed, but this one was as described without a scratch. Just finished exhaust and wheels and have logged about 3k on it so far. The Brocks map that came with the exhaust worked surprisingly well so I don't think I'm going to do a custom map like my 02 Busa.

I'm 57 and also have 3 Honda Blackbirds, ZX14R, and a ZZR1200 and ride about 20-25k a year. These bikes with big gas tanks and for me a decent riding position, make great sport tourers. Still missing my 02 silver/gray Busa that I sold after getting this one which had 60K trouble free miles, but enjoying the extra punch the new Busa has.

View attachment 1604368View attachment 1604369

Don't post often(more of a lurker) but in March I found a 2014 Busa at a Harley dealership with only 300 miles for an outrageously cheap price! This was one of the colors that I wanted, so I took a chance and had it shipped from Charleston SC to Wichita KS. I've bought quite a few bikes without seeing them in person and have sometimes had surprises that were not disclosed, but this one was as described without a scratch. Just finished exhaust and wheels and have logged about 3k on it so far. The Brocks map that came with the exhaust worked surprisingly well so I don't think I'm going to do a custom map like my 02 Busa.

I'm 57 and also have 3 Honda Blackbirds, ZX14R, and a ZZR1200 and ride about 20-25k a year. These bikes with big gas tanks and for me a decent riding position, make great sport tourers. Still missing my 02 silver/gray Busa that I sold after getting this one which had 60K trouble free miles, but enjoying the extra punch the new Busa has.

That’s an awesome collection!

Welcome and I have to say that's a beautiful bird, although I am a bit biased as mine is the same. Awesome collection you got.

Thanks everyone for the kind words

Wheels, as Medic notes, are Galespeeds. Exhaust is the the CT dual series. Probably won't do much else to it but just maintain it. Have the full service manual and don't believe in taking the chance with the dealerships, let alone couldn't afford it. Most of the Asian bikes usually only require the routine recommended service. One of my XX's has 120k and is as solid as the day I got it with 10K on the clock.

That is a beautiful bike and you were fortunate to find such an example....crazy to think there was a '14 laying around with that few miles on it...

Welcome, What a beauty!
The only thing I would do is get a rear fender delete :banana:
You’re right, the busa does make a great quasi touring bike. With just a couple mods it as good as some dedicated tourers.
You tried the sport touring windscreens for them? Not my favorite look, but they work GREAT especially in the cooler temps.

Welcome, What a beauty!
The only thing I would do is get a rear fender delete :banana:
You’re right, the busa does make a great quasi touring bike. With just a couple mods it as good as some dedicated tourers.
You tried the sport touring windscreens for them? Not my favorite look, but they work GREAT especially in the cooler temps.

I had a Puig double bubble on my 02 Busa, but never tried anything taller. Longest day ride I've done on the new Busa is about 400 miles and hope to keep the stock screen. Yeah, and I've looked at getting rid of the rear fender, but haven't made up my mind. :D

Back