2014 joining the ranks!

Bobby B

Registered
Hi all,
My Name is Bob and I just picked up a 2014 Hayabusa yesterday! I'm totally stoked and I it rides so smooth. I could not be happier! For the moment I will be leaving it stock and just enjoying the way it is, I'm so glad stepped up. To be honest this Busa has more street manners then my stock Honda VFR800. (and that's a great bike)! It took me 8 years to get here and now here are some pics for you to enjoy
special thanks to David @ Southern California Suzuki
http://www.socalmotorcycles.com/

image6_zpssgvxsfwz.jpg

image5_zpsit6jhzji.jpg

image1_zpsjd3xgsnd.jpg

image2_zpstpwpqiqc.jpg

image8_zps9g1qdezh.jpg

image9_zpswmlvw0hg.jpg

image%2071_zpsre1amcoy.jpg

nice bike welcome to the NEW HOG (Hayabusa Owners Group) , sit back relax and take in some knowledge

I don't know why, I'm 44 and have logged well over a 100k of miles on a bike but I was so nervous with this purchase. I had psyched myself out that this busa was a big bad monster and is turns out its a well mannered gentlemen that simply gives back what tell feed it! I'm so Effen happy I bought it! Its such a joy to ride!

:welcome: to the org. Don't be fooled after you get the break in done you will find out that she can be a wild child as well as well mannered.

I see you like RED too. :laugh:

:welcome:

I was the same age when I got mine.
Yep they are a mild ride, until you turn the throttle. It all comes down to throttle control for the most part.

The kick stand mod is FREE and is worth the small amount of time to do it so that your Beauty won't end up on it's side.
A tip over in the garage is about $3000-4000, just so you know.

Enjoy the ride(s) :thumbsup:

I see you like RED too. :laugh:

:welcome:

I was the same age when I got mine.
Yep they are a mild ride, until you turn the throttle. It all comes down to throttle control for the most part.

The kick stand mod is FREE and is worth the small amount of time to do it so that your Beauty won't end up on it's side.
A tip over in the garage is about $3000-4000, just so you know.

Enjoy the ride(s) :thumbsup:

Red you forgot the part about it will almost make a grown man cry. Like Red said do the kickstand mod.

Red you forgot the part about it will almost make a grown man cry. Like Red said do the kickstand mod.

It could - I guess it depends on how much $$$$ you have to burn. :laugh:

Never heard of anyone that regretted do that mod - and because I like it and think it helps prevent tip overs, I would
recommend it to anyone - especially a new owner that might not know about it.

Ok! now I'm afraid it's gonna fall over! Now I gotta get a Paddock stand (which I was going to anyway) and a dremel! It already seemed like It leans a lot when I dismount. But I trust the experience of all you guys!

:welcome: to the org!

Good looking bike.

Like others have said, do the kick stand mod, (the mod doesn't make the bike lean that much farther over, it just makes it harder for the stand to fold from the bike moving).

never seen that color look like that. that is beautiful! wow I wud lov to swap my gen 1 bodywork for that. now that I think about I might do just that.

Ok! now I'm afraid it's gonna fall over! Now I gotta get a Paddock stand (which I was going to anyway) and a dremel! It already seemed like It leans a lot when I dismount. But I trust the experience of all you guys!

Forgive me if you know this already.

The Kick stand mod is kinda like extra insurance to help prevent the kick stand from folding up if the bike is moved forward an inch or two.
This is most likely to happen if you park it on a slight downward incline with the nose pointing down. It could also move if it was bumped or leaned on etc.

You can scribe lines where the stop is onto the stand and then remove it from the bike. The lines have to move because
the angle is changing - see image below.
If you don't have a rear stand yet, you could gently lean it against
a wall or something while the kickstand is off. Use a towel or pillow to cushion the bike against what it's leaning on.
You can file the notch in the stand which will take a little longer but should be more accurate and less chance of
slipping with a power tool. A one eighth to three sixteenth deep notch will move the stand forward between 2-3 inches. Therefore if the bike were to roll 2 inches
forward it would then be where it was from the factory and should NOT fall over at that point.

So YOU COULD do this mod without a stand or a power tool if you wanted to.

Couple more things.

I removed the whole unit from the bike. I removed the kickstand switch first. There is a nut on the back side of that bolt and you will break the bolt
if you don't put a wrench on the back side of it when removing the bolt (don't ask me how I know) then you can remove the whole unit.
I also removed the springs on the stand so that I could freely move the stand to check the fit of the notch I was creating. The springs are a little tough to go
back on, but doable.

Hope this helps.

Kick notch.jpg

Kick notch closed.jpg

I'm three years in on mine and so far have not understood the need to adjust the kickstand at all, had my gen 1 quite a while too and never felt or saw the need...maybe if it was lowered I could see it but the lean over has been more than ample on mine to not worry over it. I dunno maybe its how I park the bike, or that I always park it in gear and roll it forward to the stop point before putting the kickstand down? Of course now that I am posting this question perhaps I am going to curse myself a bit...

I'm three years in on mine and so far have not understood the need to adjust the kickstand at all, had my gen 1 quite a while too and never felt or saw the need...maybe if it was lowered I could see it but the lean over has been more than ample on mine to not worry over it. I dunno maybe its how I park the bike, or that I always park it in gear and roll it forward to the stop point before putting the kickstand down? Of course now that I am posting this question perhaps I am going to curse myself a bit...

I haven't had a problem. I just look at it as an insurance policy. I would rather do it and not needed to than the other way around.

Are they FREE? The mod is FREE. Never had an issue with the factory one. So I chose to spend money on other things. :laugh:
nothing I've bought is FREE. a billet kick stand will never bend no matter what angle ur bike is at and they already come shorter.

u can modify ur factory one all u want but cutting it out with a Dremel will only weaken it by doing so and the factory metal can and has bent causing thousands in repairs as a result. can't say the same for a billet kick stand.

replacing ur factory plastic can cost Thousands.... a billet kick stand will cost u $150. seems like cheap insurance to me.

mine is lowered tho in front and back so I guess I see the need more so then someone with stock riding height. either way Billet aint bending.

nothing I've bought is FREE. a billet kick stand will never bend no matter what angle ur bike is at and they already come shorter.

u can modify ur factory one all u want but cutting it out with a Dremel will only weaken it by doing so and the factory metal can and has bent causing thousands in repairs as a result. can't say the same for a billet kick stand.

replacing ur factory plastic can cost Thousands.... a billet kick stand will cost u $150. seems like cheap insurance to me.

mine is lowered tho in front and back so I guess I see the need more so then someone with stock riding height. either way Billet aint bending.

The factory forged steel one has bent? I don't see how, as I have sat on mine while on the side stand also have pulled the bike over onto the stand in the garage to pivot it around. And yes I have had the kick stand mod done since new. It's not like the kickstand mod grinds away half the metal on the stand, just a little of the stand where it touches the stop pins so it swings about another 1-2 inches forward.

Back