2012 vs 2011

stonedpirate

Registered
Hello,

I am desperate to get on a busa but dont know which one to buy.

I can get a 2011 at a huge discount or wait a month or 2 and get a '12 for near retail price.

I prefer the 2011 colors to the new ones.

Has anything mechanically changed on this bike this year?

Also, on a side note, do you think i am ready for a busa? In australia they make you ride a 250 for a year before getting big bike licence so have never been on a big bike.

Spent a year on a ninja 250, a year on a ttr250 and got pretty decent offroad, and 6 months as a postman so got good at low speeds. Can practically ride any 250 or less blind folded at any speed.

Wud a busa in C mode be too much or should i get a 650 first?

Thanks

Same motorcycle,just different colors.

As far as upgrading from a 250 to a Busa, if you feel you learned good road basics on a motorcycle... Then It will be a fine upgrade. It's a big jump in power and weight. Riding basics are the same.

^ i agree with Strife and i think "C" mode will do you just fine until you get a good feel with the bike. go with the 2011 and save some cash for other things like a lid, jacket, gloves, and some boots to protect that hide. good luck and shoot up some pic's if you make the sale.

Same bike. Go for the 11 if you get a good deal. The 2012 colors do look good though but you will heve to weigh the cost versus how much you like the new graphics.

There are a lot of guys here who bought the Busa as their first bike. I recommend against it. Not to say it can't be done, but you can get yourself in a whole lotta trouble real fast on a Busa.

Recommend instead you get yourself a *used* GSXR 650. There is more than enough capability and horsepower in one of those for any rider, especially a newer rider. I defy just about anyone to be capable of doing more on a bike than a GSXR650 can give you.

Just because the Busa is the biggest, baddest thing around doesn't mean you're experienced enough for it. The Busa is first and foremost a big ego trip. (at least I can admit it!)

Already bought, great fun to ride.

Would recommend it to anybody.

keep with something cheap and wait for the 2013 busa (or whenever gen 3 is released!)

ummmmm....... no

Will ride busa till gen 3 then trade her in for one :)

Also in Australia and went from a single cylinder 650 to a Busa.
Aslong as your sensible and under the power of this bike you will be fine!!!

But make sure you understand there is a huge difference...

Treat it as though it was a pet wolf or mountain lion... you both get along for the most part, but if you cross the line BAM! Bites ya and it's no joke.

Thanks for the link.

I'm anxious to see what they do with the GSXR1000, hopefully the delay with info means it's something substantial.

Thanks for the link.

I'm anxious to see what they do with the GSXR1000, hopefully the delay with info means it's something substantial.

Went by my local dealership today and the guy said huge changes to the 1000. The new 14 probably won't be the only thing out there kicking our butts :laugh:

Better yet, buy a slightly used 08' or 09'. It's the SAME deal.

Back