2012 Hyperbike (Hayabusa, ZX14, S1000RR)

I for one have owned both bikes: 2009 Busa (now owned by Lycan) and currently have a 2012 ZX14R. People get way too carried away in what professional riders do on a track. For the average rider both bikes are well above what they would be able to get out of them. Both bikes are very similar to me as a daily ride on the street---very similar.

ok so they r all fast and but the mph of the BMW just blows away the busa. yea maybe its a liter bike by definition but its still a street bike that has the ability to put down some pretty good numbers at the track with a longer arm and some tweaking.
now see there some more of that Propaganda going around...the bmw will not blow a busa away..i went through this last year and the bmw ((pos)) hade no chance.. ................

I own a Busa and a ZX14 and I love both bikes. I think it's kind of pathetic how some of the die hard Busa fans are getting on here making excuses for the Busa and talking about how unfair it is that the 14 is 101cc's bigger that the Busa and that if the Busa had the same displacement it would make as much power or more that the 14.....lets think back a few years, when the Gen 1 Busa and the ZX12 were the two big boys. The ZX12 was 100cc's smaller than the Busa but still made more power, that's a fact. So what was the excuse back then? Don't get me wrong, like I said, I love my Busa but I love my 14 too. I also understand that is a Hayabusa web sight and some brand loyalty and bias is to be expected.

The fastest is the fastest, the quickest is the quickest, I wish it was the Busa . I haven,t been beat yet and its fast enough for me

I own a Busa and a ZX14 and I love both bikes. I think it's kind of pathetic how some of the die hard Busa fans are getting on here making excuses for the Busa and talking about how unfair it is that the 14 is 101cc's bigger that the Busa and that if the Busa had the same displacement it would make as much power or more that the 14.....lets think back a few years, when the Gen 1 Busa and the ZX12 were the two big boys. The ZX12 was 100cc's smaller than the Busa but still made more power, that's a fact. So what was the excuse back then? Don't get me wrong, like I said, I love my Busa but I love my 14 too. I also understand that is a Hayabusa web sight and some brand loyalty and bias is to be expected.

I couldn't agree more. This is a Hayabusa forum, and people are going to be loyal to the brand. I check in from time to time here on my friends even though I currently ride a BMW GS and the new ZX14R---I'm a bike junky. Oh well. I was going to buy another Busa, but just wanted to mix things up a bit. I liked what I read about the new ZX14R, and it doesn't disappoint---it's crazy fast and does handle well. But at the same time being over 40 years old, I needed to put the "boy racer" stuff behind me (other than on the track). Trust me...between the Busa and the ZX14R there is waaaayyyyyy more bike there than 95% of riders have skill to manage. What some professional rider in a magazine is capable of doing is vastly different from that the average Joe can do on a Saturday afternoon on public roads. Thus, it just boils down to talk, and talk is cheap (even mine). Both of these bike will get you in trouble in a hurry. I respect the power of both and try to enjoy them like a sane person. Being dumb on either gets you killed in an hurry. Just enjoy what you have and get out there and ride. Be safe my Busa friends.

Hit me up any time and we'll go ride.

It only really matters on the track. Real world I would say to close to call. Cant ride WOT all the time. Jmho

now see there some more of that Propaganda going around...the bmw will not blow a busa away..i went through this last year and the bmw ((pos)) hade no chance.. ................
The only propaganda here is in ur head....:whistle: apparently you dont know much about drag racing. when a bike is 6 mph faster then the other bike its lined up against its a LOT faster period! im not referring to gay roll-ons on the highway:whistle:. im referring to lining up at the 1/4 mile stock to stock and racing another bike.

MPH is king and doesnt lie. the rest is just BS!

All I can say is I've ridden a first gen busa modded (mine), a 2nd gen busa stock, and a 14R stock. No matter what folks say on the net, the fact is if you get the chance to actually ride all the bikes, you can't help but notice that the 14 feels ALOT faster, everywhere. Its just a fast azz bike period. If you like acceleration you'll like the 14R more because its just plain faster. If you don't need the rush of maximum acceleration, or have enough with you're busa, then you won't need a 14R. Personally I'm happy with my 03 busa :thumbsup:
But that said there's no denying the 14R is faster. So if you haven't ridden one I suggest you do before you decide the difference is too small to matter, because the difference is big.
Of course you won't know that till you ride one, and don't ride one if you don't want to know.
Ignorance can be bliss :laugh:

My 2 cents worth.........Have been riding Busas since 02 blue / black bought new....2009 black bought new.
Was loaned a 2012 zx14 from my kwaka dealer when I got a new tyre fitted to my busa and went for a ride in the hills .
Big mistake!!!!! The 14 is ****loads faster, handles better and has much better brakes....much better!!!!
I will never ****can the busa they are a great bike and i had no problems in all the time i owned them, but go for a ride on the 14 and i guarantee you will be impressed big time.
I bought one the next day even though i thought i would never buy a kwaka.
To be honest mr suzuki has not done much in the last few years to improve the busa ,so it may be a wake up call to them.
I am not the fastest rider at 62 years old , but i appreciate a great bike , i find the 14 easy to ride ,and any one who is not one eyed busa mad should enjoy the 14.
Try the 14 and keep a busa as well if you can....they are both fantastic motorcycles

Here's a great shot of what is probably my favorite design feature on the 14R...

12-Kawasaki-zx14-2.jpg

I'm about to do my 3rd oil change, but have not touched the fairings yet. The plastics are open on the bottom and the exhaust collects to the right side, leaving easy access to the oil filter and drain plug. Even though the drain plug is horizontal, I still have plenty of room to use a torque wrench.

:cheerleader:

12-Kawasaki-zx14-2.jpg

Yep I love that too, got 2200 miles on mine now and love it, but I am having some rubbing issues on the cowl area touching the back and a bit of the sides, you having any problem?

Yep I love that too, got 2200 miles on mine now and love it, but I am having some rubbing issues on the cowl area touching the back and a bit of the sides, you having any problem?

Yeah, someone else showed me that little issue. I took the cowl off as soon as I got her home, and it's been on a shelf ever since. I always ride with a Ventura pack anyway, so I just leave it off.

ZX-14R Ventura Edited.jpg

ZX-14R Ventura Edited.jpg

The only propaganda here is in ur head....:whistle: apparently you dont know much about drag racing. when a bike is 6 mph faster then the other bike its lined up against its a LOT faster period! im not referring to gay roll-ons on the highway:whistle:. im referring to lining up at the 1/4 mile stock to stock and racing another bike.

MPH is king and doesnt lie. the rest is just BS!
IS THAT RIGHT? i dont know much about drag racing and you know this how?? it sounds to me your still wet behind the ears jr... i have done bolth 1/4 and my super gay roll-ons and the end result was the same.. and if you thing that i dont know much about drag racing i personally invite you to come to etown raceway park... im down there on wensday,saturday nights.. maby you could teach me a few things captain ... and incase you havent figured it out yet about how the mags will always over inflate the truth in favor of the newer bikes and bash the older one and reality says something different... like or leave it.. it is what it is...

IS THAT RIGHT? i dont know much about drag racing and you know this how?? it sounds to me your still wet behind the ears jr... i have done bolth 1/4 and my super gay roll-ons and the end result was the same.. and if you thing that i dont know much about drag racing i personally invite you to come to etown raceway park... im down there on wensday,saturday nights.. maby you could teach me a few things captain ... and incase you havent figured it out yet about how the mags will always over inflate the truth in favor of the newer bikes and bash the older one and reality says something different... like or leave it.. it is what it is...
the ZX-14 and the BMW is simply faster by quite a bit when comparing stock to stock bikes. if that hurts ur feelings then get over it.

Here's a great shot of what is probably my favorite design feature on the 14R...

View attachment 246103

I'm about to do my 3rd oil change, but have not touched the fairings yet. The plastics are open on the bottom and the exhaust collects to the right side, leaving easy access to the oil filter and drain plug. Even though the drain plug is horizontal, I still have plenty of room to use a torque wrench.

:cheerleader:

Good to see Kawasaki finally fixed the drain plug ground clearance issue. It's been a problem since the zx12 days.

the ZX-14 and the BMW is simply faster by quite a bit when comparing stock to stock bikes. if that hurts ur feelings then get over it.

I agree in stock forum those 2 are faster no doubt about it but how can they put the BMW in that line up. The only way to make it fair to either the busa or 14 would be to put 100lbs or more on the liter bike. See how she performs after adding all the weight that the other 2 carry everyday. I like the 14 and the busa couldn't be king forever so I have no problem with that but if you get the busa or 14 down to the BMW's weight with stock everything else I don't think that BMW would hold its own.

ok...again...stock ...your beloved bmw lost....real world...not reading a mag... you need to get over it....:laugh: but i must say i give them credit:cheerleader:..they finally built a good bike once they scraped all there own ideas and copied JAPANESE technology...

HAYABUSA LOOKS BETTER AND TO ME IS KING OVER ALL LOOKS, ARROW DYNAMICS, HANDLING, AND TWISTY CARVING.....:moon::lala:

Back