2008 Stalling Problem

orgblkturbusa

Registered
I just got the rectifier recall done this past weekend. I have been experiencing problems before and even after the new one was installed. If I run into traffic or I'm riding around hitting a lot of stop lights, my bike cuts out on me even while I'm riding in gear. After I got the recall done, I rode down a route rather than the highway to get my bike heated up a little bit. After success with no issues, I rode through the city of Fredericksburg, VA to hit a bunch of stops to get my bike heated up even more. As I was about to turn to head home, it cut out on me. :banghead: I ended up sitting around for 45 mins to wait for my bike to cool down before it started back up. After the bike cut out, I tried starting it again and it wouldn't turn over. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I have researched around on the same issue and it seems like there could be a lot of possibilities to include, but not limited to, fuel pump connection/going bad, bad throttle position sensor, tilt sensor, stator, clogged return line and starter relay. I really don't want to have to pay someone a lot of money to do a bunch of tests and etc. If you have any suggestions, please post! Thanks!

Well, is the fan kicking in ? Is the bike running normal temp or getting hotter than normal ? If the bike is actually operating normal and then cutting out it could be electrical and it could be anything.

Just cranks and runs fine once it cools right ?

Well, is the fan kicking in ? Is the bike running normal temp or getting hotter than normal ? If the bike is actually operating normal and then cutting out it could be electrical and it could be anything.

Just cranks and runs fine once it cools right ?

I've got a fan switch that I manually turn on every time I ride. I never see the temperature gauge get higher than the midway point.

It cranks up fine once it has cooled down...

Back