2008 stalling on decel

Maui251

Registered
If I pull the clutch in and downshift at anything over 3k rpm, F1 light comes on and bike stalls next time I pull the clutch. It doesn't happen as long as I'm under 3k, which is a nuisance when I'm riding in traffic. Plugged a scan tool in and it's reading a p0507 code, which I'm seeing is a C40 code. Idle is set around 1200. I was told removing my secondary butterfly valves would fix the issue, but that's not the case. Any ideas? 2008 with full Brock's alien head, pc3, aftermarket levers, side stand switch delete

Have you tried to disconnect the PC to see if the problem continues? One never knows how things affect these bikes....

My bike acted up once and the first thing I did was disconnect all the add on electrical systems (quickshifter, Bazzaz) and it did the same thing so I eliminated those...I then unplugged and re-plugged each and every harness connector....the problem went away...

Sometimes it's the smallest stupidest thing...but the most frustrating too.

ISC Valve Hose disconnected?
When's the last time the air box was opened up?
Got a Gen 2 manual? Try pg. 1D-6
A disconnected ISC valve hose will throw a C40 (amongst others).

Hope this helps
Hose is connected as far as I know, I'll double check. Air box has been opened within the last 2 months, everything looks good. I do not have a manual, but probably know someone who does

Have you tried to disconnect the PC to see if the problem continues? One never knows how things affect these bikes....

My bike acted up once and the first thing I did was disconnect all the add on electrical systems (quickshifter, Bazzaz) and it did the same thing so I eliminated those...I then unplugged and re-plugged each and every harness connector....the problem went away...

Sometimes it's the smallest stupidest thing...but the most frustrating too.
I was actually having the issue (started in late February) before the PC was even installed in mid April

Back