Stalling problems

OB_GrumpyCop

Registered
Lately I've been having problems with the bike stalling when I apply the brakes. It's not everytime, but darn near it. It happens whether it's cold or I've been riding for hours. I figure it's probably something to do with the fuel injection. Also, is this the same cut out problem many of you were experiencing before or what? This is probably pretty simple, but I still need some help diagnosing it.

lift tank chek for kinks in fuel lines? DON'T PULL IT UP TOO HARD!!! You'll KNOW you have a prob then. :) :)

Ya. Try increasing the idle on the bike. Mine was stalling like that and that is all it took. i was idling way under one.

Yo Grumpy:

hom many miles??

normal maintenance:

clean air filter;

remove air box, get carb cleaner, pour some in a small easy to use container,

get about 12 "q" tips,

swab out the inside of the throttle bodies, butterflys, open and closed;

if you find "gook", this is likely your culprit;

also, with nice clean, thin cloth, dip in cleaner and with cloth wrapped around finger

clean as much of the throttle bodies-butterflies you can reach;

the bus like "new plugs", gap them carefully, torque to specs,

while tank is up, you can start it up,

may want to "squirt" a small amount of "cleaner on the butter flies", to get a "good seat", without "gook";

the whole procedure is a bout 40 minutes and should make a big difference, if it needs it!

have fun!!!

Had exactly the same problem on mine for ages. All of the above, but also, and maybe first, check that the air-box is not full of water. Remove plug from drainage hose situated just above gear-shift/coolant container. Use a little wd40 on the hose and slide the metal retaining clip back down the hose away from the plug (wd40 makes this easy), then pull out the plug. Step to one side as you do it though, 'cos if you've been riding in the rain, there may be a hell of a lot of crap in there and you'll get covered in it.

Back