2008 Hayabusa stops running after long rides

I have exactly the same issue on my zx 14. Without the terminal getting hot. Just after a while of riding or getting gas she doesn't want to start. If I wait longer she will start again just fine.

Next: Charge the battery. Even if it is damaged it should work for testing.

Do the short-circuit or leakage test from the service manual. With the bike off, take a multimeter, set it to the highest current rating (10 or 20 amps?), connect it between the negative battery cable and the negative battery terminal. Turn the amp rating down until a measurable reading shows. It is important to know exactly what the reading is, and it should be .003 A / 3 mA or less. If the current is higher, pull fuses until it plummets and that identifies a circuit with a short. Find out what circuit it is and troubleshoot the devices on it.

My opinion is to use OEM charging parts. Others can get the electrical part right but I question if even some of the leaders understand the punishment of heat, vibration, and corrosion that motorcycles generate. So many failed Rick's stators...
Thank you for the input. I’ll give that a try tomorrow. Keep you guys posted.

Is the fuel pump cycling when you turn on the key?

Are you getting any codes or have the bike in dealership mode to pick up codes?

What is displayed in the LCD screen when you turn on the key and is the FI light flashing...

It could be a number of relays...one being the fuel pump relay or the starter relay....
Hey Bumeblebee, yes the fuel pump cycles when I return the key but should mention if the bike struggles to start you can smell gasoline as if it was running too rich. Have not tried the dealer mode but after a quick YouTube vid, I have some tasks to keep me entertained this weekend.

Back