2008 Busa with R77 Full System?

Kawboy14

Registered
I'm looking at picking up a '08 Busa with the Yoshimura R77 Full System already installed. What are the power and torque gains over stock with this setup and does it need to be remapped? The current owner hasn't indicated that he has installed PCIII so I'm assuming it is running on the stock mapping. Will this hurt anything i.e. will it run too lean? Anybody running an '08 with this setup please sound off, I need all the information I can get.

John

Get a PC3 or Bazzaz unit and have the bike mapped. A good map will make a night/day difference.

Get a PC3 or Bazzaz unit and have the bike mapped. A good map will make a night/day difference.

Oh I agree 100% with you, I'm just wondering if he's cooked this bird running lean with a full system and stock mapping. The bike has 3700 miles on it and most likely he's had the pipes on their for most of that.

John

It runs fine without the pc3 or bazzaz with the yoshi r-77 full system!!! You can get a few more ponies out of it with it though. I am running stock pcm with full system. No issues!

It runs fine without the pc3 or bazzaz with the yoshi r-77 full system!!! You can get a few more ponies out of it with it though. I am running stock pcm with full system. No issues!

+1 I have had two gen.2 bikes with the r77, and have no issues. go buy the bike and have fun with no worries. Brian

i had full system installed last year and no pc3. its actually going to get bazazz and mapped in april. so i ran without and soon with then ill know the difference. sorry cant help you now though

I'm running that set up and have had no issues, I know of a couple other people with the same set up with no issues as well.

I have the R22 full system. The only difference from the R77, that I can see is the can. I'm using the stock mapping with no PCIII, and have no issues at all with over 6k miles. There is probably a minimal HP gain with this setup due to the removal of the catylitic converter. The biggest advantage is weight savings and IMO appearance.

Last edited:
I just got my R77 Full System put on today, have any of you running the stock mapping had to do the marble mod?

Back