R77 full system ; to tune or leave alone.

ramairglenn

Registered
Planning on adding the Yoshimura R77 full system exhaust to my 2013. My main reasons are to get rid of all the bulk and weight of the factory system, make chain cleaning / maintenance easier and a better sound would be nice too. I don't race the bike but do make canyon riding trips to Tennessee & North Carolina some but the bike lives a fairly easy life with me. Given all that, is it necessary to do a Power Commander or Bazzaz unit or will the GenII Busa computer do enough to compensate? Thanks for any info.

I had the ecu re-programmed to clear up the limiter and the settings for each gear. right after I put the Yoshimura on, PC or Bazzaz is not necessary. The ecu re-program is all you need to 'loose the beast'

Gave up on the yosh site. Does the exhaust have the O2 sensor bung? If so you'll probably be fine, but it's always best to get a tune.

I had the ecu re-programmed to clear up the limiter and the settings for each gear. right after I put the Yoshimura on, PC or Bazzaz is not necessary. The ecu re-program is all you need to 'loose the beast'

Is there someone on the board here that can do this or do I need to seek out a local (Alabama) shop ?

Is there someone on the board here that can do this or do I need to seek out a local (Alabama) shop ?

You don't Need the restrictions turned off, but it is a noticeable improvement.
You also don't Need a dyno tune, but it is beneficial if you can have it done.
You can get an Ecu Editor dyno tune and have it all done. Or, if the tuner doesn't use Ecu Editor, you can buy a power commander and have the air/fuel dyno tuned with that, but the power commander can't remove the restrictions. You can still have the ecu flashed to turn off the restrictions though.
And, you only need someone to flash the restrictions off if you can't find an ecu editor dyno tuner(or just don't want a dyno tune).

I'll flash the ecu for you if you want. But, you'll have to find a dyno tuner if you want the air/fuel tuned, as that is dyno only.
Again, if you can find an ecu editor dyno tuner, you don't need me or anyone to flash the ecu, as they'll do it when they tune the air/fuel.

You don't Need the restrictions turned off, but it is a noticeable improvement.
You also don't Need a dyno tune, but it is beneficial if you can have it done.
You can get an Ecu Editor dyno tune and have it all done. Or, if the tuner doesn't use Ecu Editor, you can buy a power commander and have the air/fuel dyno tuned with that, but the power commander can't remove the restrictions. You can still have the ecu flashed to turn off the restrictions though.
And, you only need someone to flash the restrictions off if you can't find an ecu editor dyno tuner(or just don't want a dyno tune).

I'll flash the ecu for you if you want. But, you'll have to find a dyno tuner if you want the air/fuel tuned, as that is dyno only.
Again, if you can find an ecu editor dyno tuner, you don't need me or anyone to flash the ecu, as they'll do it when they tune the air/fuel.

Sorry not trying to hi jack the thread but I'm in a similar situation only I have a full brocks alien head system on my 08. I'm in VA as well and wondering if you'd be able to assist me with or point me in the right direction of a shop who can help me with the most cost effective and beneficial way to tune my bike?

Sorry not trying to hi jack the thread but I'm in a similar situation only I have a full brocks alien head system on my 08. I'm in VA as well and wondering if you'd be able to assist me with or point me in the right direction of a shop who can help me with the most cost effective and beneficial way to tune my bike?

I would say that I am looking forward tot hat reply.. another VA resident here

The closest tuner to us is Lee's Performance in Charlotte NC.
He is nationally know with a great reputation.
He also tunes with Ecu Editor, and there is no one closer than NY that does.
If you can find a reputable Power Commander tuner, I'll flash your ecu's for you, org freebie.

If you want cost effective, buy a power commander and get a Brocks base map(free).
Brocks maps are the only base maps that are any good.
I'll flash your ecu free too.

If you want cost effective, buy a power commander and get a Brocks base map(free).

I second that statement! Brocks base maps are King! Truly plug and play. But I suggest using a full race alien head setup.

Yea that sounds like a good idea, where are you in VA? Can we meet somewhere to do it or do I need to come to your house? Really appreciate all the help.

Back