2008 Busa Battery question

VetteGuy

Registered
Hey, I am new here, I just bought an 08 Busa, went to ride it today and the battery is dead, I bought the bike used, with 3K miles on and of course I dont have the owners manual, can someone tell me where the battery is, and is there an easy way to jump start and or charge the battery,,, Thanks in advance ..

It is under the seat...remove the two bolts (one on each side below the seat) and lift off the seat.

Yep. Just as ba busa said. Might wanna invest in a battery tender and make sure it'll start on its own before you ride off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, I am new here, I just bought an 08 Busa, went to ride it today and the battery is dead, I bought the bike used, with 3K miles on and of course I dont have the owners manual, can someone tell me where the battery is, and is there an easy way to jump start and or charge the battery,,, Thanks in advance ..

Put it on a 2amp charger and leave it on over night :beerchug:

Battery Tender, I have the Jr. You can jump start it just like car to car as long as the other vehicle has a 12 volt system. It is probably suffering from not being ridden, but some of the Gen II's have had charging circuit failures reported. Good luck.

Don't think so brother, but you can typically get the maps for your set up from their website :thumbsup:

Thanks all, one more question and I will leave you alone, my bike came with a Power Commander and supposedly was tuned, did I or will lose the tune because of the dead battery,,

:beerchug:

The map installed on your PC will not suffer from a battery going dead. My PC came with a map loaded onto it before it was ever connected to the bike. I removed the PC and reinstalled it - map still there, same as always. Also have disconnected battery and after reconnecting, map was still there. :welcome:

Last edited:
Looks like your question has all ready been answered!

But welcome!:beerchug:

having the same exact problem

bike starts perfect when jumped

after a 30 min ride @ about 70 i figurdd the battery would be charged
turn it off go to crank it up again and there isnt enough power to crank it up...

i plan on getting the battery checked soon but idk if i need to get a stronger battery or what

having the same exact problem

bike starts perfect when jumped

after a 30 min ride @ about 70 i figurdd the battery would be charged
turn it off go to crank it up again and there isnt enough power to crank it up...

i plan on getting the battery checked soon but idk if i need to get a stronger battery or what

Can be the battery, the rectifier, or the stator.

Just like a car, you need to do a diagnosis on the battery and charging system to be sure.

Test the battery first and see if it has a dead cell or something. Then after that depending on the results, you might need to investigate further.

Suzuki had some problems with batteries in 08. My sons 08 SV 650 was replaced 3 times under warranty.

yea, im going to the battery first (hopefully this is the source of my problems)

if the battery checks out what would you suggest doing after that?

Back