Can someone please confirm if this is the right battery for 08?

hemi1300

Registered
think my retard dealer gave my the wrong part again!!

stock battery in my bike currently Yuasa Maintenance Free VRLA Battery (YTX12-BS) - BikeBandit.com

battery he gave me which he said is the correct one Yuasa Maintenance Free VRLA Battery (YT12A-BS) - BikeBandit.com

told him the numbers were different, and he said the x series batteries are the cheaper model batteries, me being a moron believed him. Checked yuasa's site and it looks like the one i bought is for previous model busa's (07) and the x12 battery is for 08-12. Can someone please confirm if it is possibly the same battery anyway, should i just toss it in or go back and tell the guy he's an f'n moron!!

I'd find a new dealership, and start hitting Justin with Honda East up. They sponsor the site and are very helpful.

Battery Family: Maintenance Free
Battery Type: YTX12-BS

Voltage: 12
Capacity: 10
Dimensions: 6" x 3.4375" x 5.125"
Weight: 7.5 lbs.
Metric Dimensions: 150mm x 87mm x 130mm
Metric Weight: 3.4 kg
Polarity:
Acid Volume: 0.6
Amps: 1.2
C.C.A.: 180

Battery Family: Maintenance Free
Battery Type: YT12A-BS

Voltage: 12
Capacity: 9.5
Dimensions: 6" x 3.4375" x 4.1875"
Weight: 6.3 lbs.
Metric Dimensions: 150mm x 87mm x 105mm
Metric Weight: 2.8 kg
Polarity:
Acid Volume: 0.5
Amps: 1
C.C.A.: 175

The YTX12-BS is more battery and the Gen II is a little more motor to turn over.

Ok, thanks for the quick replies guys. Will go back tomorrow and get the right one. Good thing I decided to check before I dumped the acid packs in lol. I would go to another dealer, but the only other Suzuki dealer in town is 45 minutes away vs 10 minutes for this one

Ok, thanks for the quick replies guys. Will go back tomorrow and get the right one. Good thing I decided to check before I dumped the acid packs in lol. I would go to another dealer, but the only other Suzuki dealer in town is 45 minutes away vs 10 minutes for this one

Dude, a 45 minute ride on the Busa. I do it all the time. If I wasn't clear they gave you a Gen I battery for your Gen II

I have them in stock and could have probably had one at your door in the same time frame they screwed you in :beerchug:

Justin, I was thinking the same thing but wondered how much the shipping would be on a heavy battery.

Where are you located. I have the one I took out of my bike when I swapped for a lithium.
Approx 2yrs old and still fine, factory oem Yuasa. Charge it and go. Free you pay shipping.

Where are you located. I have the one I took out of my bike when I swapped for a lithium.
Approx 2yrs old and still fine, factory oem Yuasa. Charge it and go. Free you pay shipping.
Have you kept it on charge and off the concrete floor ?

might check out the odyssey, probably just return the battery tomorrow. I'm fully aware i could have found one cheaper online, through Justin, just wanted to get her up and running asap. Would love a 45 minute ride to the dealer on the bike to get a new one, only one problem though, can't ride up there if i can't get it runnin, duh lol. Trust me, I never go to the dealer unless i have to, all parts i normally order online, but figured just a simple battery would be an easy replacement. Always nice to just stop by on my way home in the service truck and grab parts if need be, but then gotta make 2 or 3 return trips util they find the right one lol

well, I ended up just exchangin the battery today at my dealer and finally got the right one. Had the bike plugged into the tender for a day or so and she seemed to run fine and start up every time today, so think my old battery may still have some life in it, but gonna toss the new battery in anyway. Also picked up another battery tender, plan on keeping my old battery in the basement on the tender 24/7 so it's ready and charged if need be, and then another tender right at the bike in the garage. Will keep the bike plugged in to the tender as much as possible, worst case scenario I will have a battery ready to go in the basement if my batt ever decides to take a crap again!!

I dont see why when it comes to buying OEM parts to just contact Justin here... You know it will be correct the FIRST time and plus it comes to your door you dont have to deal with DA's at the dealer.
He can even get you after market stuff. I have bought both OEM and aftermarket things from Justin I can only say positive things. He is dead nutz accurate and ships FAST!

Back