2007 Dodge Challenger

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
This car officially gets the "I will sell my toys just to have one" classification! I hope it becomes a reality. 400+ hp. Just strap a supercharger on and get about 550-600 for a nice street/strip car.

2007 Dodge Challenger

spy_head_on.jpg

yeah, its a beautiful peice of art as it sits now, hopefully soon it will be art hauling ass all over the place, love the exposed carbon of the hood to make the stripes, sweet ride from any perspective.......... 100 posts YAY!!!

-WHEELMAN

This car officially gets the "I will sell my toys just to have one" classification! I hope it becomes a reality. 400+ hp. Just strap a supercharger on and get about 550-600 for a nice street/strip car.

2007 Dodge Challenger
looks mean and clean....

As soon as they put DOT approved bumpers and lights it will be your usual DODGE ....

I wish they will learn one day how to make cars handle, not just go straight line...

I wish they will learn one day how to make cars handle, not just go straight line...
Aside from the new Vette and Viper. Americans can't really make stuff handle. We know that already.. So let them do what they do best.. Point and go! I love that car! I could just picture it lifting the front wheels of the ground.

I don't know G ... it's going to be a tough decision between the Challenger, the Shelby, and the GNX.

Aside from the new Vette and Viper. Americans can't really make stuff handle. We know that already.. So let them do what they do best.. Point and go! I love that car! I could just picture it lifting the front wheels of the ground.
I eat Vettes on twisties sooo easy... with my Benz... They looks so ashamed when 4 doors sedan handles better...
Last time was this Monday. Nice guy... he almost lost control of his 06 so I had to backed out... I don`t want anyone killed.

Never tried Viper tho...
smile.gif
I will probably loose.... Awesome car... I little work with weight distribution would make it perfect..

Penske could make cars handle
smile.gif

Buy it, spend 10K on suspension, not blower. Loose some weight and install lighter wheels and better tires.... It will be less expensive then Porsche and run as good as one...

P.S. You can get better chicks with Porsche...
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

I don't know G ... it's going to be a tough decision between the Challenger, the Shelby, and the GNX.
Yea, that will be a tough one. I kinda ruled the new GNX out. I would search for a clean 87' before I bought a new one. It's amazing a few years back fully restored Grand Nationals were going for 12k-15k, now they're more like 25+ for something nice.

Buy it, spend 10K on suspension, not blower. Loose some weight and install lighter wheels and better tires.... It will be less expensive then Porsche and  run as good as one...

P.S. You can get better chicks with Porsche...
biggrin.gif
Funny about a sedan beating a Vette. A friend of mine has a M5 (Dinan tuned at that) and playing with Vettes and Vipers is soooo much fun. Recently he has been attacked by EVO's and WRX's in the area but they don't have a chance.

If I owned the New Challenger I really would only be interested in straight line performance.

The Busa handles twisties just fine for me. I couldn't agree about the Porsche thing any more.. I love the RUF yellowbird and am a big fan of the 97'(998 body #) 911 twin turbo. The last of the true air-cooled Porchse's. It's just damn scary to drive.

As soon as they put DOT approved bumpers and lights it will be your usual DODGE ....

Better do your homework here because this car can handle. How do I know this? I own A Hemi Charger Daytona 1 of 4000 made, and the Challenger is built on the same platform. HEMI power, 5-link ind. rear susp, auto stick. You would not believe the performance in both HP and handling that these cars dish out, I'm not kidding you it will blow you away.

The car should look very close to what it is now when it hits production and there will be no bumpers other than what you see.

I will likely be trading in my Daytona when this comes out.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138407595 -->

gomango.jpeg

Better do your homework here because this car can handle. How do I know this? I own A Hemi Charger Daytona 1 of 4000 made, and the Challenger is built on the same platform. HEMI power, 5-link ind. rear susp, auto stick. You would not believe the performance in both HP and handling that these cars dish out, I'm not kidding you it will blow you away.

The car should look very close to what it is now when it hits production and there will be no bumpers other than what you see.

cool.gif
There take that all you Mopar Haters..

Currently own a SRT-4 that handles great for a quarter of the Benz price. Might not beat it but wouldn't be far behind.
wink.gif
I also will be in line for one. Sweet looking ride. Benz has done nothing but help the Chrysler family..
cool.gif

Pops

cool.gif

cool.gif
Nice car and I have driven the non Daytona model with a Hemi. Yes it does handle and it's fast. But unfortunatly it is no match for the E55 Mercedes or the M5, and it shouldn't be. The Charger is a great car at a even better price. It does everything well, but keep in mind the Merc and the Bimmer are 60k and 80K respectively.

cool.gif
Ohhh. really? And where that 5 link suspension and auto stick came from?
smile.gif

I`l tell you.... from Mecedes... E class... I wish they borrow the AMG engine and priced it 30G less then AMG itself...

And you are oficially welcome to come and blow me away...
smile.gif

Chryler improved big time after they became Daimler-Chrysler... and I like it. I`m not mopar hater, don`t get me wrong... I hate the idea buying American just because it`s American.... Nothing American or japanese anymore...

And there will be bumper on that thing.... integrated maybe.... 5 miles collision tolerance still in effect, you know...

smile.gif

Had someone tell me about it at work and it does look nice! May have to take it for a test drive when its available.

Ohhh... this is not good. I'm a prior 67 GTX and 69 RoadRunner owner. This car looks good.

Hmmm.... this is going to hurt the relationship with the wifey... I've got to get control... think Shawn - no debt. oohhhmmmm.

Ok. I'm good.

Thanks for sharing!

evil.gif

Back