2006 Silver/Blue Lowered Questions

Im 6'3" 290 bro and slammed...it handles great,,,dont listen to anyone who tells you different because if they ever rode a lowered and stretched bike they wouldnt disagree,I mean it obviously doesnt lean as quick but it doesnt lean any less in the turn..only thing you my need/want to do is get the rear shock rebuilt with a heavier spring,i just did this and it made all the difference in the world,they put a 1" spacer in there also,so theres no way for it to bottom out....go for bro
beerchug.gif
I agree with devldog you cant go wrong.

my_bike_4_001__Small_.jpg

I'm 6'5" and 280 Lbs and lowered and the only problem I have is with some speed bumps and some driveway entry's. You have to be mindful of them if you don't want the bottom of your fairings scratched .

I'm 220 so I think I'm going to be fine.  I"m not a knee dragger but I like to get low in the corners and such...

Here is a pick of the bike.  lowered two inches front and back.  When I get my paws on it I will post more pics I"m thrilled right now....

The reflectors will be coming off as soon as I get it home.
You might want to lift up that frontend slightly. About a 1/2 to 3/4". Depending on if the front fender touches the upper fairing. If the steering seems too quick, the lifting of the frontend will slow the steering geometry a bit to make it steer a bit smoother.

Once again I appreciate everyone's insight. I totally can't pass up this deal even if it is lowered. I do like to corner not sure how much I'll do in Fort Lauderdale, FL. There are a lot of Interstates down here, which can be fun.

I like the stretched look but want to go through a couple back tires first before I do any extreme modifications.

I'm suppose to pick it up Thursday night and I'm going to register it Friday so I can rip some asphalt this weekend. I have all my gear, if anyone lives in Broward County or Fort Lauderdale hit me up. I'm not a wheelie or stuntin type rider prefer cruisin (fast).

When I get it to my pad I will post a new topic with some pics.

Thanks again!!!

That's a great buy! Congrats and welcome to the house of mayham.

Your new ride looks sweet. If you choose to leave it lowered don't make any attempts to out run the local men in blue because their crown victoria's will out corner your busa
wowold.gif

While your bike looks really cool lowered, the suspension geometry is now all fookered up and nothing is in tune. If you start trying to corner that thing hard, you are dancing with the devil.

Your new ride looks sweet. If you choose to leave it lowered don't make any attempts to out run the local men in blue because their crown victoria's will out corner your busa  
wowold.gif

While your bike looks really cool lowered, the suspension geometry is now all fookered up and nothing is in tune. If you start trying to corner that thing hard, you are dancing with the devil.
like I said earlier bro,dont believe everything you hear,I am telling you it corners as good as a stock bike,esp at the level of most street riders.no need to get into geomotries and physics here,Ive rode mine both stock and now slammed and stretched 6",It corners better if you ask me and stability at top speed doent even compare to stock bike.

wowold.gif

like I said earlier bro,dont believe everything you hear,I am telling you it corners as good as a stock bike,esp at the level of most street riders.no need to get into geomotries and physics here,Ive rode mine both stock and now slammed and stretched 6",It corners better if you ask me and stability at top speed doent even compare to stock bike.
Well "Bro", I don't really know how to respond without sounding offensive?

However, facts don't lie. Your stretched and slammed busa corners like a turd. Your bike is physically incapible of competing with a stock bike. Anyone who understands suspension or has good cornering skills will tell you the same.

If you don't believe me, ask CharlesBusa. Charles has great credibility as well as being a master at carving corners with the busa.

This is my fourth bike in 10 years, if it corners like crap I will raise it back up, but I'm going to see how it handles lowered before I do anything. I will be cautious at first.

Thanks everyone.

wowold.gif

Well "Bro", I don't really know how to respond without sounding offensive?

However, facts don't lie. Your stretched and slammed busa corners like a turd. Your bike is physically incapible of competing with a stock bike. Anyone who understands suspension or has good cornering skills will tell you the same.

If you don't believe me, ask CharlesBusa. Charles has great credibility as well as being a master at carving corners with the busa.
I said "street riding" not talking track,track is a totally different beast and even stock setup isnt the best for that,,,can get pricey getting suspension setup for track....

but dont ever doubt the rider,I know ppl that can ride a 10" over bike like it was built for the track..would neve even know it was stretched and slammed.

have you spent anytime on a stetched and slammed bike? Im not talking a ride around the block,I thought it was a big change when i first stretched it,took me a few hrs to get the feel for it but I hit the same turns at higher speed now and feel more under control then i did at stock legnth and height..and thats no BS

like I said,its all in the rider!

a good mechanic doesnt blame his tools and a good rider doesnt blame his bike.

a "turd" its definately not,atleast not the bike,the rider....ah maybe
laugh.gif

I live in Florida(Tampa area) and have my 06 lowered front&back with no issues. 6'3" 235lbs. Just gotta watch those speed bumps and the driveway pitches and you'll be fine. Going from your previous bike it's gonna feel different as whether it was lowered or not. So don't judge to fast on whether you like it lowered or not. Busa is a heavy bike so it can be intimidating to lean into a turn.

I can say that sitting at stop signs/lights feels more comfortable then when it was at stock height.
Picture002.jpg

I said "street riding" not talking track,
I don't think anyone has mentioned track? Your statement was "Your bike corners better since it was stretched and slamed than it did stock".

Simply a fantasy my friend, simply a fantasy!

Your stretched/slammed busa works fine and it looks cool. I agree with you totally. You just can't romp it and expect it to perform. It will not!

I said "street riding" not talking track,
I don't think anyone has mentioned track? Your statement was "Your bike corners better since it was stretched and slamed than it did stock".

Simply a fantasy my friend, simply a fantasy!

Your stretched/slammed busa works fine and it looks cool. I agree with you totally. You just can't romp it and expect it to perform. It will not!
Not gonna debate ya bro

its cool if YOU cant corner as well on a stretched and slammed bike as YOU can on your stock bike/

just keep practicing,it will come
muscle.gif

Hopefully I'll have some more pics later this weekend......Does anyone ride in South Florida around Plantation or Fort Lauderdale?

Not gonna debate ya bro

its cool if YOU cant corner as well on a stretched and slammed bike as YOU can on your stock bike/

muscle.gif
Your expertise is clearly shining through "Bro". The fact your bike corners like a turd is undebateable.

You are unique my friend. I never thought I'd find anyone who would provide argument that any bike would corner better after it was lowered and slammed?

Maybe they do in Philly, who knows?

Not gonna debate ya bro

muscle.gif
Your expertise is clearly shining through "Bro". The fact your bike corners like a turd is undebateable.

You are unique my friend. I never thought I'd find anyone who would provide argument that any bike would corner better after it was lowered and slammed?

Maybe they do in Philly, who knows?
1.Im far from an expert,you will NEVER here me proclaim that,Im not that arrogant or skilled for that matter

2.for ME and the way I ride I am much more comfortable on my bike stretched and slammed...No one can argue the center of gravity and balance isnt increased stretched and slammed

3.I never said a stretched and slammed bike corners better(exeption read #2 above...for ME),thats just stupid.but for steet riding which 99% of the ppl on here do and only do(Not track),its more then capable of handleing and cornering and street or highway out there at speed,

4.anytime you want to come to philly,ill be more then happy to slow down in the corners and wait for you because trust me,and even though you say this on every single post about stretched and slammed bikes,she isnt a "turd".
deadhorse.gif
..and its just ignorant to say so,theres plenty of guys on here stretched and slammed that im sure cane ride it better then some other guy on a stock bike...its all about the rider...havent you ever watched a bike race on tv? all them bikes are pretty much identical,given a few ponies here and there,why is it some are so much faster then the others...yes! its the RIDER!

why do you get so angry about stretched and slammed bikes bro...calling them names..re: "turd"...c'mon,did you get beat by one or something
laugh.gif

its all good though,bottom line,I like my bike the way it is and can corner just as good as anyone i wride with.Im very comfortable on it this way and it works for ME!And take it to a track,put the same rider on both bikes,no doubt he would have better times on a stock bike,no doubt,but two different riders,then it comes down to the rider..

and you never answered my question,,,,have you ever owned/riden a stretched or slammed bike or are you just assuming
whistling.gif

Hopefully I'll have some more pics later this weekend......Does anyone ride in South Florida around Plantation or Fort Lauderdale?
I ride in Miami but I can't ride fast
sad.gif
I make my living off my license. So I am usually riding with people that have cruisers. I have the same bike 2006 blue&silver. I only open it up when the coast is clear ( no Po Po ). Bike is slammed rides just fine for me. Enjoy it.

she isnt a "turd".
Don't go getting your panties is a wad big boy. I did not say your bike was a turd. I said it corners like a turd and I stand by that statement.

I do believe your bike serves your purpose just dandy and you love riding that beautiful piece of blazing artillery. Just don't go betting the farm on spanking anyone through the corners. Unless your opponent has autism you will loose your money.

Just so you know, I don't post up on these stretched and slammed threads to criticise your bikes. I do it so the fellas who are thinking about giving their bike great curb appeal by dropping it two inches and adding a 6" extention, will realize there is a price to pay in performance. Your bike is no exception.

I'm sure you understand going fast is all about suspension. You can have tons of Horse Power and it's worthless without suspension. This is true whether it's drag racing or road racing.

You have a very nice ride man. Just smile and be happy with what you have. If it slices the corners to suit you, that's all that counts.

You never know, I have a dear friend in Boston who happens to have a very nice "Stock" busa. I may just have to take you up on that invite to shave a few corners with you one day? Hopefully, you'll wait for me on the corners
hello.gif

she isnt a "turd".
Don't go getting your panties is a wad big boy. I did not say your bike was a turd. I said it corners like a turd and I stand by that statement.

I do believe your bike serves your purpose just dandy and you love riding that beautiful piece of blazing artillery. Just don't go betting the farm on spanking anyone through the corners. Unless your opponent has autism you will loose your money.

Just so you know, I don't post up on these stretched and slammed threads to criticise your bikes. I do it so the fellas who are thinking about giving their bike great curb appeal by dropping it two inches and adding a 6" extention, will realize there is a price to pay in performance. Your bike is no exception.

I'm sure you understand going fast is all about suspension. You can have tons of Horse Power and it's worthless without suspension. This is true whether it's drag racing or road racing.

You have a very nice ride man. Just smile and be happy with what you have. If it slices the corners to suit you, that's all that counts.

You never know, I have a dear friend in Boston who happens to have a very nice "Stock" busa. I may just have to take you up on that invite to shave a few corners with you one day? Hopefully, you'll wait for me on the corners
hello.gif
beerchug.gif

Back