2006 Silver/Blue Lowered Questions

jeffroe334

Registered
OK I have been in the market for a Busa since my CBR1000 was stolen about 6 months ago.  I found a 2006 Silver/Blue with 2300 miles on it.  Garage kept, adult owned.  Only after market parts are frame sliders and it has been lowered 2 inches.  The owner lowered it the right way no straps. From the pics the bike looks great and the owner seems very trustworthy.  He was asking $7600 I talked him down to $7100. He must be short.

Here is my question.  I'm 6'5" and am concerned about the bike being lowered.  HOw does a lowered bike handle?  What will I need to look out for as compared to normal riding height, like with passenger will I bottom out more etc...

Lastly at 7100 its really hard for me to pass this up.

What do you guys/gals think?

Thanks,

Jeff

Im 6'3" 290 bro and slammed...it handles great,,,dont listen to anyone who tells you different because if they ever rode a lowered and stretched bike they wouldnt disagree,I mean it obviously doesnt lean as quick but it doesnt lean any less in the turn..only thing you my need/want to do is get the rear shock rebuilt with a heavier spring,i just did this and it made all the difference in the world,they put a 1" spacer in there also,so theres no way for it to bottom out....go for bro
beerchug.gif

busa.jpg

Appreciate the advice.

It's not even stretched so I would imagine it would handle a little better than having the longer wheelbase like a strectched Busa. I live in South FL so most of the riding is going to be straight and on the highway.

I am 6'4" and I rode slammed for a while before stretching.

DSC01672.jpg

The one thing you have to remember is the weight, I am 290 and needed a serious susp upgrade. The busa is set up for a rider under 200 so depending on your weight keep that in mind.

Now if you do decide to stretch it that drastically changes the dynamic of the bike, but does not make it impossible to ride although "U" turns are tough.
laugh.gif

I'm 220 so I think I'm going to be fine. I"m not a knee dragger but I like to get low in the corners and such...

Here is a pick of the bike. lowered two inches front and back. When I get my paws on it I will post more pics I"m thrilled right now....

The reflectors will be coming off as soon as I get it home.

01010601041201160220080621bd426589d4f5fda7b4000094.jpg

I am 6'4" and I rode slammed for a while before stretching.

DSC01672.jpg

The one thing you have to remember is the weight, I am 290 and needed a serious susp upgrade. The busa is set up for a rider under 200 so depending on your weight keep that in mind.

Now if you do decide to stretch it that drastically changes the dynamic of the bike, but does not make it impossible to ride although "U" turns are tough.
laugh.gif
like the red accents
ThumbsUp.gif

nice low miles
thumb_up.gif

mike bike isn't lowered so i cant comment.

good luck on the purchase
beerchug.gif

I'm 220 so I think I'm going to be fine.  I"m not a knee dragger but I like to get low in the corners and such...

Here is a pick of the bike.  lowered two inches front and back.  When I get my paws on it I will post more pics I"m thrilled right now....

The reflectors will be coming off as soon as I get it home.
while your at it remove the shovel and invest in a new exhaust
ThumbsUp.gif

It is easy enough to raise it up and compare. I rode mine at 2", 1", and stock and I feel it handles much better at stock height. Not that it is bad when lowered, just better when not. Ride it a while and change and compare. They sure look better lowered!

thanks for all the tips and advice. the back is easy to raise the guy told me, but he doesn't have the original top end of the triple tree or something like that I could just buy one...I should hopefully have some pics from my driveway with this bike next weekend. the exhaust will be the first thing to go with the reflectors.

thx

I'm your size and have mine lowered 1-1/2" in the rear. Lowered the front, but wasn't comfortable with the feel so raised it back up. Bike feels good and looks better lowered.

thanks for all the tips and advice.  the back is easy to raise the guy told me, but he doesn't have the original top end of the triple tree or something like that I could just buy one...I should hopefully have some pics from my driveway with this bike next weekend.  the exhaust will be the first thing to go with the reflectors.

thx
You don't need the stock tree to lift the front of the bike back up. All you have to do is slide the trees down in the clamps. No big issue at all.

As for the bike being lowered; It's your bike, do with it as you will. If my bike wasn't more of a daily driver than just a toy it would be slammed and stretched. I ride all the time though. I need the extra room in case of nasty roads.

Jeff,

I would not worry at all about it being lowered. It is very simple to go back to stock then up or down to your liking....You'll find all the help to your questions you need right here....I'm lowered two inches in the back (but I am short so it was just about a necessity) to make it comfortable for me...It's yours to make it like you want it....

With only 2300 miles on it, he hasn't hurt it at all- I would be hard-pressed to pass on that one too...

Welcome to the board too
ThumbsUp.gif

That is the fastest year and color by the way too-----

That's mine exactly until I did this to it.....
Still blue/silver at heart...
muscle.gif

100_7140copy.jpg

Mine was lowered 2 inches in the rear when I bought it. Didnt work so well riding 2-up for me and Juli. Professor hooked us up with some stock bones and I have been happy ever since. Very easy fix if you dont like the lowered feel.
beerchug.gif

Ride it first and see how you like it before you decide to go back to stock. May look better lowered but will probably handle better raised back up. JMO

Back