2006 missing/surging at low throttle

NTomas

Registered
Just got my 2006 out after the winter. Seemed to be running fine at first. Fueled it up and drove it 25 mins or so (got it good and hot). Then I started noticing it running roughly at low throttle. Idle was a little rough and then when I would start to give it a little throttle (pulling slowly from stop-signs, etc), it was like it was mostly hitting on three cylinders and the fourth would sporadically hit (and surge somewhat).

If I give it a little more throttle, it generally clears up, but still seems to not pull as hard as it should. I'm likely going to have to take it in, but curious if anyone has thoughts on how bad this might be? Maybe injector-related? It sat much of last season. Hopefully it just needs a good going-over.

Also, any recommendations on decent shops here in the Indianapolis area?

Thanks for the advice. I changed the plugs this afternoon and just got back from a decent ride. Seems to have taken care of it (or whatever crap was in the fuel/injectors worked their way through). Idling nice and no longer doing what it was doing yesterday.

No idea how old those plugs are. I've had it for four years and it has under 14K, so I wouldn't doubt they're the originals.

Thanks again.

Back