Surging Problem

gsferrari

Registered
Hi,

Pulled my hayabusa out of storage after 1 year and although it starts and runs fine - there's a mild enging surge at low speeds and it doesn't appear to be firing as rhythmically as I remember. The bike was started periodically and put into 1st gear on high-speed-idle for 5 minutes every sunday during it's time in storage.

Everything else is fine - I still hit decent speeds easily and there doesn't seem to be any drop in power.

The stealership recommended a fuel additive that would clean out the injectors etc.

Please advise on whether this is a recommended solution that I can try. If yes - what additive do I use that is easily available at the local gas-stations - how do I use the same.

Thanks people!!

beerchug.gif

I have used STP injector cleaner a few times, just pour it into your gas tank, it would be advisable to top up your tank with fresh fuel first, but not essential. It does clean out the gunge (you will see a few black dribbles from the exhausts). It worked well for me without any problems. Stored fuel goes bad after a while, it loses a lot of its potency and gunges up the fuel system, so although running the engine as you do will keep the mechanical parts moving, your fuel is gradually going from bad to worse during storage and causing the problems you mention.

use some seafoam in it... pour some down each throttle body and some down the tank... then get out and ride!!!
firedevil.gif

I had a similar problem on my bike where the bike would surge much like you're describing. Take off the airbox and clean the throttle bodies. It was a night and day difference for me.

I posted pictures of what it looked like .

Back