2003 Busa trouble starting after long rides

Zcian

Registered
Just bought a 2003 Busa with less than 10k miles, got a new batter because was told the one it came with was bad. The only mod is a new fuel pump that runs under the rear seat cowl and goes through a 2micron filter. Starts up fine when it is cold, after stopping and getting back on after a few mins and with it still hot/warm it acts like the battery is dead. But will start up again when it cools down. What’s the deal?

IMG_1207.jpeg

IMG_1202.jpeg

Hmmmm... Sure the battery is good? Check your cables, particularly the ground.
Yeah, went out and got a brand new one yesterday. Starts up fine and quick, if I stop to get gas or whatever it acts like the battery is dead, if I wait until it cools down it starts right back up fine and quick.

Yeah, went out and got a brand new one yesterday. Starts up fine and quick, if I stop to get gas or whatever it acts like the battery is dead, if I wait until it cools down it starts right back up fine and quick.
This seems to be a common occurrence with the gen 1s....some say give the throttle a little twist before hitting the starter which seems to clear a little vacuum/pressure buildup..

There are threads and threads on this subject....go to "search" and punch in "gen 1 starting" and many threads will pop up to give you more guidance...

Just bought a 2003 Busa with less than 10k miles, got a new batter because was told the one it came with was bad. The only mod is a new fuel pump that runs under the rear seat cowl and goes through a 2micron filter. Starts up fine when it is cold, after stopping and getting back on after a few mins and with it still hot/warm it acts like the battery is dead. But will start up again when it cools down. What’s the deal?

View attachment 1666453

View attachment 1666454
I have an 03 that used to do the same thing. I finally bought a LIon battery that had a higher CCA rating. Never did it again.

Probably not what you wanted to hear. But that's my resolution.

I'll look at mine. But I want to say it's like 360.

I just remember when I first hit the starter it spun way faster than it ever had in all the years I had it.
What’s the battery that you got, I may just go with that one if it alleviated the problem

What’s the battery that you got, I may just go with that one if it alleviated the problem

Back