2003 Will not start

busabullet

Donating Member
Registered
I jusy bought a 2003 Busa and it will not start. Fuel pump comes on and the fuel pump relay switch is good, but no fuel??? Any suggestions?

Are you actually getting fuel to the injectors? If not I would say clogged fuel filter, bad ECM. Is the fuel pump is actually working correctly with the right amount of pressure or is it just kind of running without pumping?

You bought a bike that wouldn't start ? How do you know you're not getting fuel ? I ask because you hear the fuel pump.

If you're not getting fuel, without any history what so ever. What does the fuel tank look like on the inside ? Is there rust or gunk ? Is the fuel fresh ? Fuel filter ? Fuel lines ? Fuel rail ?, Injectors ?

I checked all the fuses connections and checked the FP relay switch all checked out. I placed the dealer switch in and it gave me a C00. bike turns over but no fuel. trying to find a wiring diagram for the fuel pump but all the manuals show the external fuel pump (like my 2000) this one is in the tank. So i am spinning my wheels.

In tank, no biggie, follow my link and look at the 04 or 05 manual. Same questions, the only difference is the filter is built into the pump. No kinked lines ? You wasted your time checking electrical if the pumps running.

How do you know you're not getting fuel ?

well I hear the pump come on and then stop as if it builds line pressure. so I assumed it was running correctly. I was wanting to check the wiring because i want to make sure lines were not crossed and pump running backward? And I am sure not getting any to the injectors, because when the bike turns over I get nothing out of the exhaust (fuel smell). I willl have to get the fuel line off and actually check the pump for flow.

Bad tip over won't let the injectors pulse. Also take fuel like off. Turn switch on see it it shoots fuel from the pump. Does it have a power commander? Is the ground wire in it hooked up?

I think you can remove the air plenum / air box and look down into the throttle bodies to see if your injectors are spraying.

Sounds like the bike has sat awhile. You could get the battery load tested as well. Low voltage will keep the injectors from pulsing even if the battery turns the bike over.

Internet troubleshooting is bad at it's best.

I understand, just trying to get the stinking thing going, I appreciate all the assistance. I am trying to find and replace items as they need them. Will test the pump and see then replace the tip over swtch.

I have a similar problem , I have a 2009 Hayabusa it won't start , the last time it ran it was idling and it just died , It wouldn't start after that ? I replaced the camshaft sensor , the crankshaft sensor , new battery and new fuel filter ! The fuel is getting to the fuel rail but the injectors are not spraying ? so I just ordered a tip over sensor ? If I use a power probe and attach it the the injector it works , I change the ECM and it did nothing ! the fuel tank is new ! CAN ANYONE HELP ???

Back