2000 Suzuki GSX13Opinions please on an 00 for sale

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Would this be worth $7,000?

2000 Suzuki GSX1300R

15k miles. Adult owned.
Immaculate condition. New tires, chain, and complete 15k mile service complete (valves adj., oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid, radiator flush, throttle body synchronized.
Just spent $1500 in new equipment and upgrades.

Full Yoshimira RS3 race exhaust.
Power commander with custom map (166rwhp).
Airbox mod.
42 tooth rear sprocket.
Dyna shift minder and shift light

Heli bars
Buell footpegs (lowers peg height approximately 1.5â€￾)
Vortech frame sliders.
Fast idle lever modified to use as cruise control.
12v cigarette lighter power source.
Oversized Yausa battery (3 months old).
Speedo Healer speedometer calibrator with top speed recall button.
New Sylvania Silverstar high and low beam headlight bulbs.
Pathblazer headlight modulator.

Custom silver paint in stock Suzuki Sonic Silver.
Clear turn signal lenses and taillight with LED bulbs.
Clear Zero Gravity windscreen.

YES!
super.gif

Run the VIN with the manufacture to make sure all the recalls were done! I'm guessing from the list of mods this has probably been taken care of?

Sounds nice, clean title? I'll be in San Jose friday. U goin to the new bike show?

Try to find the history on the bike, 42 tooth rear sprocket prolly means it's been rode hard, which is not a bad thing, and custom paint prolly means it's been dropped. It's a good price, but check it out thoroughly....

$7000 FOR A 6 YEAR OLD BIKE
rock.gif
My thoughts exactly.

Personally I'd find an older bone stock Busa with original paint for a few thousand $$ less and then spend $2K on the mods I want. That way you're basically starting fresh and you know things will be done right.
That one may have been put through the squid grinder. I'd go over it with a toothpick and make sure the mods weren't installed by a Bubba hack. If everything looks ok then I'd talk him down to $6K, if not walk. With the mods that thing has, I doubt the guy used it for Sport Touring.
CBXRider...from your screen name, I assume you own a mighty CBX? With the CBX you take what you can find and pay a premium for a rare classic that goes up in value everyday. Opposite with the Busa, it's a dime-a-dozen bike that depreciates. If you don't like one, just move on to the next.

got an 01' that I will sell for the same price

few less mile.. most of the same mods.. biggest thing missing is probably the speedohealer.
hit me a pm and i'll get you more info if you want it.

$7000 FOR A 6 YEAR OLD BIKE
rock.gif
My thoughts exactly.

Personally I'd find an older bone stock Busa with original paint for a few thousand $$ less and then spend $2K on the mods I want.  That way you're basically starting fresh and you know things will be done right.
That one may have been put through the squid grinder.  I'd go over it with a toothpick and make sure the mods weren't installed by a Bubba hack.  If everything looks ok then I'd talk him down to $6K, if not walk.  With the mods that thing has, I doubt the guy used it for Sport Touring.
CBXRider...from your screen name, I assume you own a mighty CBX?  With the CBX you take what you can find and pay a premium for a rare classic that goes up in value everyday.  Opposite with the Busa, it's a dime-a-dozen bike that depreciates.  If you don't like one, just move on to the next.
I totally agree.

The custom paint tells me right off that this bike has been down. Check the frame thoroughly with the panels OFF!

The problem with trying to find a true 2000 with original panels is that they are few and far between,,, but, keep looking. They are still out there.

Customizing; all of that stuff is good and he hasn't gone too far overboard, but truth has been stated- finding one that is more pure would be a better score.

Top dollar I would offer would be $5800.00. When he balks at you offer, turn on your heel and walk. When/if he stops you with a "what about 6500?" . You say "$6,000.00 tops!"

If still no. Walk.

The prices on the older an depreciating models are just not where this guy wants it to be. Prices of the newer Busas are at 8200 for a 05 with 2500 miles on it!!! Want it, I know where it is,,,, unmolested,,,no mods!

His personal pride can go and find some other sucker,, one you are not.

New tires, chain, and complete 15k mile service complete (valves adj., oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid, radiator flush, throttle body synchronized.
Just spent $1500 in new equipment and upgrades.[/QUOTE]

Secondly, there was no NEED for the throttle body synchronization OR valve adjustments! There are rarely out of whack. Honestly, the Hayabusa is one of the most trouble-free motocrcycles out there. A 15k service is a waste of time down and money.

Clutch fluid
brake fluid
oil
tires
chain
rad flush

,,,what Bike owner isn't going to perform these normal tasks anyway? ON HIS OWN!

<!--EDIT|Cookie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134963061 -->

My 2000 has 5700 miles on her and never been down. I got her new. Garaged kept under a cover and in mint condition. Sux what it is worth today.

cool.gif
Yes, I agree with Cookie completely!!!  Last May I bought my 2000 busa for $6000. even.  It had a full micron exhaut, frame sliders, double bubble,throttle lock ( the good one but can't remember name), usb power commander, and it only had 8300 miles on it and was in perfect condition. I thought I made a pretty good purchase especially after seeing what people want on ebay for the 2000.

My 2000 has 5700 miles on her and never been down. I got her new. Garaged kept under a cover and in mint condition. Sux what it is worth today. [/QUOTE]

Isn't that the truth.

Because of the low miles, I would offer 6500 with all due respect and with no intention of insulting you.

Here's why the values aren't going up- because Suzuki is still producing the marque. Plain and simply.

If they, for some reason, stopped and discontinued the Hayabusa and never engaged again in the speed arena, then the prices would possibly turn the other direction.

So when will you be ready to sell your poor neglected Hayabusa museum piece?  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Cookie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134964005 -->

cool.gif
Yes, I agree with Cookie completely!!!  Last May I bought my 2000 busa for $6000. even.  It had a full micron exhaut, frame sliders, double bubble,throttle lock ( the good one but can't remember name), usb power commander, and it only had 8300 miles on it and was in perfect condition. I thought I made a pretty good purchase especially after seeing what people want on ebay for the 2000.
I am waiting until after the first, when I finally close on this house I am buying,
wink.gif
when I can buy a 2000 for 6000.

That bike has only 14k on it with under 2k on its rebuild to the 1397.

Now that's a buy.

07 change. I don't think so. They have a good thing. Why would they change it.
xblueman.gif

bah.. go for it.. 00 to the 06 are hardly different other from some tiny changes like a pass button and different paint. 15k miles on the other hand. I would like to see those pistons.

For 7k i'd do it or.. if you can wait and save alittle more wait for the 07
biggrin.gif

Back