2000 Hayabusa fell and won't start

kaibusa

Registered
Hi! First post so I apologize for my lack of knowledge about this but I recently had my 2000 busa towed, couldn't ride it as it needs a new rear wheel.

Anyway, the tow company didn't strap it down very well, it fell over in transport onto its right side and now it will not start.
It started perfectly before falling over and the damage from falling is minor, just a few scratches.
Its fairly new to me as I got it pretty recently.
It didn't have issues starting before. I can hear the fuel pump priming when I try to start it but it doesnt do anything. It also has a brand new battery.
Currently the oil light is on and it says "check"
I thought maybe it was the tip over sensor and it would reset after being upright for a while but it's been 2 days so I have no clue what it could be. Or do I need to reset it myself?

And yes I've tried starting it with the kickstand up, in neutral, clutch in, killswitch in the on position, all the basics.

Any suggestions please

Pic of the busa in question below because why not.
1000010624.jpg

Hi…. Does the starter motor engage at all and does it crank the engine?
Tip over sensors reset automatically as you stand the bike up again… unless the ball bearing inside it gets stuck..
also… Use the search function on the forum, there is so much technical info here and also links to free online service manuals.
Get a service manual and then test the tip over sensor as the manual shows the test procedure.
Most likely is a T/O sensor issue.
Re the “check” indication on the lcd display on the dash… if you bridge the connector under the seat, any fault codes present will be displayed in the same lcd display. It’s all in the service manual.

Welcome along, keep us informed as to your progress with this bike.
Kiwi.

Last edited:
Welcome......

.........................and that sucks that this has happened.......

What happened to the rear wheel that required you to get it towed?

You can remove the tip-over switch and install a jumper wire.
That's an easy way to tell you if the switch is bad inside, same for the kickstand switch.
The 'switches' just break the circuit.
I wouldn't ride without a tip-over switch(it is a good safety).

Back