2002 Hayabusa Won't Start

reafleng

Registered
I want to apologize if this has been answered before. I have tried searching achive and didnt get much.

I have an 2002 Hayabusa that will not start, not even crank. The kill switch is not engaged. The key is on. The battery reads 12.2 volts. Just replaced the stater relay (strike one-didn't fix the problem). Have tried jumping the clutch switch and the kick stand switch. Still will not crank. On the start switch i have 12.2 volts on one side and like 1.8 on the other. when i make the connection this does not change. I have even tried to run power directly to the switch to start it. still won't start. If i jump across the starter relay it will start but that seems to be the only thing i can do to make it start. any ideas? I am fresh out.

I want to apologize if this has been answered before. I have tried searching achive and didnt get much.

I have an 2002 Hayabusa that will not start, not even crank. The kill switch is not engaged. The key is on. The battery reads 12.2 volts. Just replaced the stater relay (strike one-didn't fix the problem). Have tried jumping the clutch switch and the kick stand switch. Still will not crank. On the start switch i have 12.2 volts on one side and like 1.8 on the other. when i make the connection this does not change. I have even tried to run power directly to the switch to start it. still won't start. If i jump across the starter relay it will start but that seems to be the only thing i can do to make it start. any ideas? I am fresh out.

Check out item 11. Someone else had this same problem and it turned out to be the fuse at this location.

fuse.JPG

+100 to checking the fuse as jwcfbd above suggested. ALSO, even if the battery reads 12.2 volts, take it to a local auto parts store and have it LOAD-TESTED. I am suspecting a new FUSE or battery will fix your issues.

I have the same problem the bike has been sat up for a while, battery fully charged all fuese ok, everything lights up but the start button is dead nothing happends? any ideas? and what do you mean by jump across the relay?

KISS
Keep It Simple Stupid

Replace the battery.. 12.2 I am assuming with no load?
Why take the time of removing the battery when you have a load tester know as the engine?

Measure the voltage while you are trying to start the bike, aligator clips...

Not really sure why everyone wants to start disassbling the whole light when most likely the bulb is burn out

Here we go

Everyone coming out of the wood work.... Letting there bike sit up during the winter letting the lead acid batteries sulfate creating an enternal short.. Yay Wow My Battery Reads 14 Volts with no load.. Whooptie Dooooooo.. You didnt keep a float charger on allowing the voltage to drop to low causing the battery to get an enternal short..

BUY A BATTERY!

I think its odd that this fuse came up. Today when I was putting my bike together, I found that that fuse is dark but not blown. I'm changing it but I'm def glad I know what it does now. Thanks for having a start issue? :dunno: what else to say

Went to start mine yesterday, battery's been trickled off and on all winter, would turn over, yet not enough oomph to completely fire. Battery says 12.7v, yet it just don't have the oomph (cheapy put in by previous owner)..time for a new and better one.

I'm having the same problem after a long cold winter, I think it's time for me to replace with a new battery.
I have had the battery for almost five yrs, what's the replacement cycle and what's the best / latest replacement out there?

Back