$200 for an oil change? Whaaat???

they gonna take your 200 bucks and laugh all the way to the bank anyway. Why don't you do it yourself and save $$$.

With the money you've saved you can afford to fill her up with the top of the line lube like, Mobil1, mx4t or motul 300v. Keep the oem filter though it's about as good as it gets for busa.

Yeah a 120 bucks here in Vt.
They change the oil and filter.
Check the head bolts torque.
Exhaust manifolds torque.
Inspect,lube and adjust chain.
If you aren't able to do all that yourself, just suck it up and bring it in.
Otherwise pick up parts, turn on some cool music and go to work.

Suz says you can change your own oil and keep the warrenty intact. Just keep records of the change  
idea.gif
, but your first 600 miler is to check a number of things. Check the manual and you will find out all they check. Not much, and Not worth $200 but still you will not have to worry about a non-accepted warrenty claim
argue.gif
if you have to make one  
1zhelp.gif
My bike has 16,000 miles and never had a service done at a stealership. This past summer I had to take it in and get the valve cover resealed because my bike had a bad one from the facotry. I took it in under warranty and not a question was asked. Fixed it with nothing out of my pocket. I think the warranty stuff depends highly on what dealer you are taking it to. Just keep the reciepts showing where you purchased all the stuff to do your services and you should be fine.

I did it all by the book with my 02 but , did it all myself on the 04.

The costs to maintain your Hayabusa will be considerable if you do not do some of it on your oun. Plenty of folks here to help you out if you get in a jam!

The costs to maintain your Hayabusa will be considerable if you do not do some of it on your oun. Plenty of folks here to help you out if you get in a jam!

Save your money do it yourself, they want that much because you have to take the side faring off. If you have a rear jack stand it will only cost you $28 for the oil and $12 for the filter, use the K&N it has a socket head built into the filter, makes it easy to change.

Dude, it's a 600 mile check up, not just an oil change. All the nuts and bolts on your scooter should be checked for torque and make sure nothing is loose, adjust the chain, check the brakes, spin the wheels for bearing noise or roughness, check fluid levers etc. The service will take them about two hours by the book. Along with oil adn filter, well,,,,,,,,,, there you have your $200 worth. If you aren't mechanical, I'd have the dealer do the 600 mile maintenence check just to make sure she has nothing loose that may fall off. I lost a bolt once on the rear brake and the calipe drop down, hanging on one bolt and I had no rear brake. That's the kind of stuff you need to look for. You don't want any surprises on your scooter expecially at high speed.

If you have a friend that knows what he is doing and does his own maintenence, then you may have him help you do the check list. However, if you really don't understand what needs to be done, by all means take it to the dealer!

get a book and some cools tools...ie torque wrench and shiat. learn your bikes workings. everything on the 600 check list is simple. but buy oem parts oil and filter to retain the warranty. nothing better than knowing your scooter and how it works. plus the satisfaction of walking away knowing you can do it

I let the dealership do the first one just to make sure everything is working good and then have done all the others myself.

Open your owners manual and go down the check list. Instead of just checking the boxes write down some facts. Like when you checked the bolts write down the lbs they are at. write down the exact mileage. Staple the oil and filter recepts to your book. Now if there is ever an issue that the stealership tries to deny ask for their write up page on first service and compare. they don't record near as much as you did whick makes their point useless. It will also make them look infereior to Suzuki HQ which they don't want. Save the $150, take your time and enjoy the "work"

Actually you pay that much so the wanna be cycle wrencher can talk on the phone half axx check your bike scratch your fairing putting it back on and getting oil all over your headers so you smoke for the first ten miles after you leave

i let the dealer do it because 1) its a new bike and 2) by the time i get a decent amount of miles on it, if something happens, i can point fingers because i followed their schedule

Back