Changing oil before or after storage?

Mac Busa

Banned
I was wondering if i change my oil before storage, will it still be fresh after sitting in bike for six months?

What do the rest of you northern folks do, change your oil before or after storage?

I just bought 4L of motor oil, the good stuff for $71.00 and I dont want it to go to waste, thanks.

I've never stored my bike. My logic is if its 32 degrees and above i ride. Some people think im crazy but just being on a bike really helps clear my mind and forget about the day. $71 for oil is well ??? what kinda oil did you buy. I use Dumonde tech oil and a Hiflofiltro filter and it costs me about $49 out the door. I've noticed better starting in the cold as well as a quiter moter and less heat.

Change it before you ride it again. Some oils can separate a little when stored.

P.

I've never stored my bike. My logic is if its 32 degrees and above i ride. Some people think im crazy but just being on a bike really helps clear my mind and forget about the day. $71 for oil is well ??? what kinda oil did you buy. I use Dumonde tech oil and a Hiflofiltro filter and it costs me about $49 out the door. I've noticed better starting in the cold as well as a quiter moter and less heat.

/\ /\ /\ /\ Sorry i ment "quitter motor" :banghead: :lol:

"Quieter", perhaps? :laugh::beerchug:

one shop / parts guy made the comment that as the engine sits some fuel washes down into the oil raising the acid level...kinda breaking down the oil as it sits. I suppose that it would do that all summer as well when you ride and park it for the night. Most boat guys cahnge it in the spring...some poeple change it in fall and spring.

Best oil on the planet.....
0000-Motul-300V-Ester-Synthetic-Oil---.jpg

I guess I am old fashion cause I still use Mobil 1 Racing 4T. Also because I get it for $7 a quart and ride year round.

I use reclaimed oil from my lawnmower, picked up 40 HP.

Back