2 mods done today

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I've finally got around to taking the PAIR valve off, well mostly off, it needs a bit more attention with the proper socket. I did get the tubes removed and the plates put on.
The 2nd was the famous trunk mod. After a little reading trough Sixpack's thread I went shopping and found a storage tote at Walmart that fit perfect. Some cutting and chopping later and I can bring a gallon of milk with me riding :laugh:

ForumRunner_20130208_042637.png

ForumRunner_20130208_042717.png

ForumRunner_20130208_042805.png

ForumRunner_20130208_042845.png

ForumRunner_20130208_042609.png

ForumRunner_20130208_042609.png

ForumRunner_20130208_042637.png

ForumRunner_20130208_042717.png

ForumRunner_20130208_042805.png

ForumRunner_20130208_042845.png

Is yours a gen 1? The can I used I am not happy with.....going to have to kill another can or two before I am happy

The mod you did with the parts from wal-mart, can you PM me specifics? Seems like a great mod!

I am so doing this when the weather warms a bit. Spooked to be 50 on Tuesday. May have to get it done.

Trunk mod you did is next for me too. Working my way back to the rear. Any tips? You use a dremel to cut? Anything specific to seal?

OK, you might as well post up the "written how to" part here so everyone can see what parts you used and how you did it!

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/131810-gen-2-trunk-mod.html

I used Sixpack's write up as my guide, but used a different container as my base. Picture of the top below, find that container that fits that and you in business. Assuming you've found the container, spray paint it, I could only find a clear one that was the right size. Removethe undertail from the bike, I wanted tot do it with it one the bike, but that just wont work. You'll see where the container wants to fit in the tail, almost as if it belonged there (Dramatic music).Trip the top lip off the container right athe lip so you wont waste depth. The front edge of the container is right up agianst the little foam square that holds the ECU in place. I set in down as far as I could without being visible from the side unless you looked for it. Having it about where i wanted, I started nibbling away with the dremal and cleaning the edges with a razor. Double checked the fit 13 more times and riveted the sides. I lost about an inch of space in the back of the compartment as I did wanna cut the container to link it in with the stock undertail, I wanted it to stay waterproof.
Sixpacks thread was a great guide, I just adapted it to a Gen1 as the subframe and undertails are a bit different. It took me about 2hrs and Im not the fastest when gettin projects done, so leave yourself time accordingly. ITs definetly worth the time, and at $5 if you have rivets and rivet gun, you cant beat it:thumbsup:

IMAG1206.jpg

IMAG1207.jpg

IMAG1208.jpg

Back