Marble mod making my bike smell?

voodoolord

Registered
Hey guys I just did the marble mod and turned off the pair valve through ecueditor yesterday and went for a ride. I started noticing an odd exhaust smell and was wondering if that was normal. Also should I even be bothering with this mod if I still have the stock exhaust? This mod cant hurt the bike right? I read that it wouldnt but just wanted to be extra sure. Thanks for any thoughts.

do you have a full exhaust system? and have you been getting a decel pop? if YES to both, then the marble mod is done to help cure the pop (a cheap way to block off the PAIR system). But in your case, no marble mod needed since you've turned off the PAIR valve already using the ECU Editor.

Hey guys I just did the marble mod and turned off the pair valve through ecueditor yesterday and went for a ride. I started noticing an odd exhaust smell and was wondering if that was normal. Also should I even be bothering with this mod if I still have the stock exhaust? This mod cant hurt the bike right? I read that it wouldnt but just wanted to be extra sure. Thanks for any thoughts.
On a stock bike with stock exhaust no reason to mess with it at all. You get zero performance gain. The only time you need to do the marble mod is when you switch out the exhaust, and then all it does is stop the backfiring/popping.
Are you sure you plugged the right hose?

Are you sure you plugged the right hose?

Good lord I hope so! lol Its the hose coming down from the right side airbox. At least thats the one I plugged. For one I wasnt looking for it but I swear it did add a little to the seat of the pants factor. I rode a wheelie over a hill just by rolling the throttle and its never happened like that until I turned off the pair. I also read that turning off the pair will give you more accurate logging as its not adding air to the exhaust. I may have read that wrong but thats what I took from it. I dont know if I got used to it or the smell went away but I dont seem to notice it anymore. Thanks for the replies.

Back