Pair Valve

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Right now I am running yoshi boltons, 20hp dry shot, airbox mod, geared, and stretched, strapped on front. y question is, will removing the pair valve and putting on block off plates help? I am hoping to buy a used exhaust from a board member after CRISTmas, and was just curious to see if I go ahead and remove the pair valve will help in the mean time?

Thanks
Brian

I strictly removed mine for the sole purpose of my bike would not stop backfiring on a stock set up.

saves weight too.
beerchug.gif

I would wait if your going to buy a full system soon. Thats alot of work to remove the pair valve system just to put all the same stuff back on. When you buy the full system and install it.. .do it then
2cents.gif

If you mean help as in save time in the future by not having to do it when you get the pipe, then by all means do it. If you mean help as in performance, leave it in its place until your pipe arrives. I doubt you'll be able to feel the 2 lbs you shave.

I would wait if your going to buy a full system soon.  Thats alot of work to remove the pair valve system just to put all the same stuff back on.  When you buy the full system and install it.. .do it then  
2cents.gif
+4
Do it when installing your full system. Good time to throw in a Muzzy fan blade too!

you can save yourself some money,by cutting the ends of the valve an us them as blocks,cut the end off,but leave enough room to close the ends,then if you have the ends shut together if you can spot weld them close an re-use them.

If you leave the pair valve on, change the large hose that comes from the airbox to the pair valve itself to a thicker-duty hose (like a large fuel line). Make this hose slightly longer so that it can reach your engine breather . . . connect it to your engine breather (behind the throttle bodies) and use the pair valve setup to create a negative pressure in the crankcase.

This is the cheapest 2-3 RWHP gain you can get!
lurk.gif

Back