pair valve

I think this is a serious issue and should be moved to the modification section for permanent display. By keeping this posted will save fellow Busa riders thousands of dollars!!

Here is a pic of a typical Pro Stock Motorcycle vac. pump. These items weigh several pounds and free up the motor for an additional 5-7 HP. This is AFTER the entire motor is sealed, that means there is not a single location on the motor where air may leak in. It even involves turning some engine seals around to keep them from being "sucked" into the motor.

I am not doubting those who have seen 2-3 RWHP gains from the pair valve mod, but I have seen what it takes to make a TRUE vac. pump work, and I will settle with the block offs and the loss of 2-3 pounds crap.

FBG_pump.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pic of a typical Pro Stock Motorcycle vac. pump.  These items weigh several pounds and free up the motor for an additional 5-7 HP.  This is AFTER the entire motor is sealed, that means there is not a single location on the motor where air may leak in.  It even involves turning some engine seals around to keep them from being "sucked" into the motor.

I am not doubting those who have seen 2-3 RWHP gains from the pair valve mod,  but I have seen what it takes to make a TRUE vac. pump work, and I will settle with the block offs and the loss of 2-3 pounds crap.
Weighed my pair system after removal......came in at 1.4 lbs......guess everything counts though hey.

I installed an Akrapovic EVO full system with a PC3R . I've had no problems with back firing. My bike is an 03 I ordered a block off kit and should be installing this week. From what I can figure out the pair valve acts like an EGR valve on a car. It leans down the mixture to reduce emissions.If you replace your exhaust system even sometime just slip-ons this reduces back pressure which will also lean out the mixture.

Back