1st time at the strip with the busa

Hades_1340

Registered
Just made my first passes at the strip last Sunday and figured I could keep track of my progress on here and possibly help some people along the way and also get some help. I was able to get a 10.01 @139 with the stock clutch and no flash or tune. Getting the clutch welded today and gonna try and go back out this weekend to get that 9s pass I want.

If not, lower the bike. Every inch = 1/10th in time. If already lowered, still not bad, just keep practicing.

When your ready, go 16/42 (43) sprocket if gen 1, add 4" to 6" for whillie prevention...to start with. Don't add too much afermarket stuff too soon or you won't gain rider knowledge because you will wonder if errors are you or the bike.

When your ready, go 16/42 (43) sprocket if gen 1, add 4" to 6" for whillie prevention...to start with. Don't add too much afermarket stuff too soon or you won't gain rider knowledge because you will wonder if errors are you or the bike.
Yes bike is lowered 2in in the rear and has -1/+2 and it’s gen 2

Not adding too much stuff too quickly is really good advice. For me, as a new drag racer, it’s exciting and I want to just add all the parts!

@Hades_1340 it looks like you have a swingarm. Do you and how long is the bike?

Not adding too much stuff too quickly is really good advice. For me, as a new drag racer, it’s exciting and I want to just add all the parts!

@Hades_1340 it looks like you have a swingarm. Do you and how long is the bike?
It’s only a set of extension blocks on it went back yesterday though and cracked off a 9.6 @143 with a 1.6 60ft if I try and go any faster it hangs the front end and I lose time but is consistent with 9.7 @142 even with hot lapping

Agree^^

Atleast add a shrader valve somewhere so u can still fill the bottle when the compressor goes out

Be careful with the strap if u never rode with one before
I have multiple times on other bikes
The compressors can be a hassle. I have used a compressor, HPA, CO2, and pressurized swing arm and can say the compressor is the worst to deal with when it fails.
im pretty mechanically inclined and have done a lot more in-depth work so I’ll be fine if it goes out

Back